• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coins sent for grading via the UK office.
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I Joined NGC in the UK recently and sent in some proof gold coins for grading. They are initially sent to the NGC UK offices in London and then I assume they will be sent onto the US for grading. My question is how long would it normally take for them to appear on the system or when you would receive an acknowledgment? I sent them in to the UK office on the 24th of April (delivered 25th), but nothing yet, so I assume they will only appear when they arrive in the US? Would be great if the system could be improved so they are tracked from when they get to the UK office if that is not the current process.

• Administrator

Hello @Boo60, thank you for contacting us.  Carrier tracking may indicate that your submission has been received at our office, however, it can still take a short amount of time to reflect within our online submission tracking. Once the UK office reviews the contents of your package against what is on the submission form, and enters your order into the system, you should receive a received confirmation notice via email + you'll be able to see it under your submission tracking.

We thank you for your patience in the meantime! Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for the response it’s appreciated. I will give it some more time and hopefully I will get the confirmation next week. 

For my submissions in the US, I track the shipment's arrival at NGC. Once it arrives I believe the packages go into a cue and my package arrived on April 3rd but they were not noted on NGCs website until April 11th. It was then another two plus weeks before the medals' details appeared on the website. My point, it nearly always takes longer than you think it will!