• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what are your thoughts on the new titles and photos that have been added above everyone's forum handle

58 posts in this topic

Ok, here's the data.  There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to the Boards Title.

Even if you go by only number of posts, or membership total days, there is no fit.

It may be Artificial Intelligence at work?  The data may fit if a weighting is applied to the Total Days and/or Posts.

Interesting.

image.thumb.png.b94f5c2ed7ce3e84a954111d4ab9c38f.png

The damn thing is bigger than our avatars by 25%. :mad:

NGC, please make OUR avatars bigger and if you have to keep that icon whatever, please shrink it.  It looks cartoonish and detracts from our own avatar IDs, many of which feature coins.  If you want to make YOUR NGC logo above our avatars, I could live with that.

I've never seen 2 logos/IDs/avatars on top of one another like that.  I bet this is software-related, not something intended by our good friends at NGC. (thumbsu

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 5/3/2023 at 10:35 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Exactly my thought, except they look more like briefs to me. lol

Yes Mike briefs is what was intended when I said shorts . Just that New England short talk I grew up with. :whistle:

On 5/3/2023 at 4:29 AM, Zebo said:

Are you on a PC? I don’t see the numerical scores on a tablet.

Yes I normally surf the internet on my laptop PC, I cannot see these when viewing the forum on my phone.

If you drag the right edge of your computer screen to around one third the width of the full screen the icons disappear.

14 Grand Master
13 Veteran
12 Mentor
11 Experienced
10 Proficient
  9 Rising Star
  8 Community Regular
  7 Collaborator
  6 Enthusiast
  5 Contributor
  4 Explorer
  3 Apprentice
  2 Rookie
  1 Newbie

On 5/3/2023 at 1:12 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to the Boards Title.

Even if you go by only number of posts, or membership total days, there is no fit.

I tried comparing the total numbers of "Days Won" under the "Past Leaders" tab of the "Leaderboard" but could find no direct correlation there either.

While compiling the Boards Title list, came across a total of four Grand Masters.

The most difficult Title to find was 13 Veteran.  Only one Member was found with it:  BillJones.

On 5/4/2023 at 3:54 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

While compiling the Boards Title list, came across a total of four Grand Masters.

The most difficult Title to find was 13 Veteran.  Only one Member was found with it:  BillJones.

Bill doesn’t live here anymore.

Well, on the only thread I've found from BillJones — The Wells Fargo Hoard — I came across Condor101 who is 13 Veteran.

In looking through that thread to see when was the last time BillJones replied, I came across the most number of 14 Grand Master level Boards Title:

James_OldeTowne
RWB
physics-fan3.14 (who has a dual title Grand Master and WYNK Black Belt)
gmarguli (also a dual title:  Grand Master and Slightly Evil)
MarkFeld (dual title:  Grand Master and Dealer)
WoodenJefferson (dual title:  Grand Master and I have nothing to add or subtract, I am merely here.

On 5/5/2023 at 2:02 PM, VKurtB said:

The whole shmeer is pretty dumb.

...on things like this u have to ask urself is it a positive or a negative...i dont think anyone at ngc ask that question...they should ask Anheuser-Busch for some advice....

On 5/3/2023 at 1:12 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

image.thumb.png.b94f5c2ed7ce3e84a954111d4ab9c38f.png

Some prominent members' names are not listed; z's name, consisting of only five letters, is misspelled, and my only [officially unacknowledged] claim to fame is enduring the greatest number of seemingly irreversible expulsions and extraditions to and from Siberia, with and without warning notices.  In fact, simply investigating the matter as set forth  by the OP earned me 3 warning points.

As Q. A. used to say, "Man I Iove this place!."  🤔  

On 5/4/2023 at 6:20 PM, USAuPzlBxBob said:

Well, on the only thread I've found from BillJones — The Wells Fargo Hoard — I came across Condor101 who is 13 Veteran.

In looking through that thread to see when was the last time BillJones replied, I came across the most number of 14 Grand Master level Boards Title:

James_OldeTowne
RWB
physics-fan3.14 (who has a dual title Grand Master and WYNK Black Belt)
gmarguli (also a dual title:  Grand Master and Slightly Evil)
MarkFeld (dual title:  Grand Master and Dealer)
WoodenJefferson (dual title:  Grand Master and I have nothing to add or subtract, I am merely here.

Yes, many years ago "Architect" granted a few of us custom titles. I don't believe the Architect is still involved here, but the custom titles stuck. 

On 5/6/2023 at 8:33 AM, physics-fan3.14 said:

Yes, many years ago "Architect" granted a few of us custom titles. I don't believe the Architect is still involved here, but the custom titles stuck. 

George Costanza is on these forums ? xD

I like it and think it's cool. (thumbsu

I only wish that I understood the ratings and the titles better.  

Not sure if it relates to post count or something else...

Edited by Walkerfan

Just a joke here... Inexplicably, my suggestion my title "Grand Wizard" was found to be objectionable.  On the other hand, I was assured my "0 - Rank Amateur," status is secure.  🤣