• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time for coins sent from the UK to be Registered for tracking.
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hi all, Joined NGC from the UK recently and sent in some proof gold coins for grading. They are initially sent to the NGC UK offices in London and then onto the US for grading. My question is how long would it normally take for them to appear on the system when you input the submission number? I sent them in on the 25th of April so I assume they will only appear when they arrive in the US. Would be great if the system could be improved so they are tracked from when they get to the UK office. Thanks in advance for any replies.:smile:

Just an opinion -- but your coins should appear in the UK system site when they are received there, and then on the USA system when they arrive in Florida.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you have great results with your NGC submission.   I doubt that many here can answer your question as it is impossible to guess how long the shipment will be in customs.   Once it clears customs it should get to NGC and be logged into the system without much delay, for US submissions the submitter receives an email that the shipment is at NGC and logged into the system.   Under your situation I'm not sure if you will or will not receive any notification.

On 5/2/2023 at 3:17 PM, Boo60 said:

Thanks both. Its a strange process as it was delivered to the UK office on the 25th and so far nothing is showing. 

Nothing ever shows until the grading is finished. 

On 5/2/2023 at 6:40 PM, VKurtB said:

Nothing ever shows until the grading is finished. 

The grades won’t show but the coins themselves will be listed once they are received and entered into the system. In the US this can take a few days after they are recieved up to about ten working days depending how busy they are. Just a ballpark figure.

Welcome to the OP, what coins are you submitting?

Edited by Zebo

On 5/3/2023 at 12:21 AM, Zebo said:

The grades won’t show but the coins themselves will be listed once they are received and entered into the system. In the US this can take a few days after they are recieved up to about ten working days depending how busy they are. Just a ballpark figure.

Welcome to the OP, what coins are you submitting?

okay thanks for the reply. I guess I need to allow more time. I have sent some of the memorial sovereigns for grading. The first coins with Charles on them. Anyway I will update the thread once I know more. Cheers David. 

On 5/2/2023 at 8:22 PM, Boo60 said:

okay thanks for the reply. I guess I need to allow more time. I have sent some of the memorial sovereigns for grading. The first coins with Charles on them. Anyway I will update the thread once I know more. Cheers David. 

Nice coins - good luck with the grades. Sovereigns are great and the first King Charles have some nice designs as well.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

As an advisement, there was a lot of NGC reps here in the US at the Central States coin show from April 26-April 30. This does not mean NGC is closed down for that time period, but it does mean a significant amount of representatives were at the coin show and not in Sarasota so I can only assume that will be a further delay in the processing of your shipment. I submitted 38 coins at the show and just got an email today that they have been accepted (not heading to the graders yet, just accepted). I can only also assume that coins coming from the UK will take some time to arrive there and due to the volume of coins submitted at the show, could cause further delay in NGC getting around to accepting your submission. I do know from experience that NGC does maintain the "pecking order" as they process submissions in the order they are received as I once had my coins sitting in their vault for about one month before they were accepted because NGC was very busy at the time with several bulk submissions.

The key word here is patience.