• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worth submission?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I have this very nice 1964 P Silver Kennedy that seems like it may be one of those that may be worth grading. Mid 60’s grades seem to carry pretty high values.

thoughts?

21DAA86B-94B8-4FE3-866C-F53F3BC281A7.jpeg

B7012C4C-E613-486A-847B-EB59279003D2.jpeg

On 3/31/2023 at 9:38 AM, Mr.Bill347 said:

I have this very nice 1964 P Silver Kennedy that seems like it may be one of those that may be worth grading. Mid 60’s grades seem to carry pretty high values.

thoughts?

21DAA86B-94B8-4FE3-866C-F53F3BC281A7.jpeg

B7012C4C-E613-486A-847B-EB59279003D2.jpeg

To me it looks like there's a D, not a P! Unless my eyes are deceiving me!

I would not send it in Bill. It is not worth more than $50 at MS 65 and that would be a gift grade I would think. It is nice but I can see a few contact marks.

Edited by J P M

Nope. Better halves are available in original bags...and there are a lot of 'em. It's worth about melt.

Edited by RWB

Current price guide shows $42 for MS 65, and I agree with the contact marks visible in the photo, which would tell me I would probably find more with the coin in hand, maybe only getting it a MS 64 grade. I would not chance it for the money spent to submit it.

On 3/31/2023 at 12:30 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

My bad guys it certainly is a D, I will not submit as suggested. A neighbor gave it to me.Even more, here’s a video of the coin guy selling 10 1964 Kennedy’s for $129!

choke!

https://www.hsn.com/youtube/product/coinsandcollectibles/mhUL_ZUKhTM

HSN ? really ? That would be last place on earth I would ever tell anyone to even think about purchasing a coin for their collection …. Keep in mind I see a lot folks selling coins everywhere even on eBay with wacky prices doesn’t mean anyone is buying it ! The latest Bid and auction prices are the only prices I really rely on from a buyer perspective when buying certain types of coins I need for my collection I may make offers here and there but I never ever go by someone’s high ridiculous selling prices I don’t care how rare they think it is or the rainbow toning and other that jacks up an imaginary price for a “common”  coin I want to buy for my collection. That’s why a lot coins remain “unsold” due to high prices only a smart collector would know NOT to pay 

Jason i, personally buy anything from TV sheisters, but was demonstating the cost of $13 for a 1964 Kennedy. Although the one I was given is a fine example, it would probably struggle to get an MS65. A nice keeper though.

On 4/2/2023 at 1:28 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Jason i, personally buy anything from TV sheisters, but was demonstating the cost of $13 for a 1964 Kennedy. Although the one I was given is a fine example, it would probably struggle to get an MS65. A nice keeper though.

I got it man the HSN guy is funny all the time I see him if he was so great he would be moving and selling coins at the coin shows like crazy but he’s not  … Me personally I was never fascinated by Kennedy halves although I’ve seen some nice examples that graded out MS67 and MS68 but there literally spotless they look they were just busted out of a original bank roll …. I’ve also see few unopened original wrapped bank rolls of 1964 Kennedy halves  they carry high price tag for some reason probably due to folks trying to get that MS67 or 68 grade which I’ve seen very few of it’s a long shot and risk I wouldn’t buy a whole roll just for the purpose tho . 

On 4/2/2023 at 1:28 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Jason i, personally buy anything from TV sheisters, ...

Really, "anything"?  :insane:

On 4/2/2023 at 1:51 PM, Jason Abshier said:

I got it man the HSN guy is funny ...

He keeps saying the same sell point twice, which just sounds weird.