• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 S Penny - What characteristics should a 1955 S penny with a Repunched Mint Mark look like, and would the coin I am displaying possibly have an RPM on the mintmark?

5 posts in this topic

1955 S Penny - What characteristics should a 1955 S penny with a Repunched Mint Mark look like, and would the coin I am displaying possibly have an RPM on the mintmark?  If you think this is an RPM, what variety does it look similar too?

S20230323_004.jpeg

551.jpeg

I am also not seeing an RPM, as it appears to be a normal S with an upper serif that closes in and a dot/blob at the lower serif like other 1955-S 1C coins (see attached example from PCG$).

What led you to believe this coin had an RPM?

80501764_51378110_2200.jpg

1955-S 1C Mark.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

Did you review and read the sites that are linked for newbies in the pinned post at the top of this section?   If so did you review the four known RPM's for the 55-S Lincoln cent that are listed on Variety Vista?   And if you did that which one do you think you have?   We do not mind helping folks, but I do not think it is asking too much of you to do the research yourself and then ask for confirmation.