• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 small date copper with Dim D mint Mark ?

22 posts in this topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHDaE-HZa-I

I would like to submit this coin for Grading and checking for D mint mark. My link to You Tube video showcasing the possibilities is here. This is so far the BEST effort on 1982 D copper with D.

I know that only ONE has been discovered with a real D mint mark clearly showing. Sold for some $18,000 or so. 

Please give a % chance that you feel that it might BE a D mint marks there...at times I see a entire Date Doubling under the real date in the video. Just trying to send in something worth-while the effort on both sides.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:33 PM, Baba Beck said:

Please give a % chance that you feel that it might BE a D mint marks there.

The coin is normal. 0% chance of a D (or any other letter) being below the date.

The video is abnormal. The video maker might have been conked on the head by a large D falling from a street sign. The sign, however, did not strike the 1982 cent shown in the video, or anything else. If the "collection" is as competently curated as the rest of the video, it's fair value is likely around 50-cents.

Thats why I dont like You Tube. Anyone who wants can post anything they want wether its true or not. Several posters put up videos without fact checking and show no evidence what so ever to back up their claims. New collectors believe alot of that bs. Its one of the reasons new collectors post on this forum all the time coins that are garbage that they think are worth thousands. Just look at the comments from people on those videos. Literally hundreds of people believing the misinformation being spread. 

Edited by Hoghead515

There are some legitimate videos about coins on YouTube, not just by the ANA but by grading services, the U.S. Mint, and better coin dealers. There are dealers and collectors who post videos of themselves opening boxes of coins they've just received back from the grading services and reveal the grades they received versus the grades they thought they'd receive. My coin club has been viewing a useful series of videos posted by PCGS entitled "Introduction to Grading". Unfortunately, there are also many posters of coin videos on YouTube and elsewhere who spread much disinformation, whether due to ignorance or dishonesty.  

This OP is THE PRIME EXAMPLE why EVERYONE needs to stay away from YouTube videos. This is 100% pure scandalous dishonesty, just as ALL his videos are. This man is either a foole or a crook, and I think it’s the latter. 

This kook is claiming that a person "liking" his videos automatically obligates God to make that person's journey easy. I wonder how God feels about that.

On 3/9/2023 at 4:28 PM, Just Bob said:

This kook is claiming that a person "liking" his videos automatically obligates God to make that person's journey easy. I wonder how God feels about that.

The Most Strange Method of Clickbaiting Award goes to…

@Baba Beck two things.  First, your coin has a 0% chance of being a Denver coin.  Second, I would like to better understand your valuation ($7.7M) of your collection.  It is clear that you know very little about coins from your YouTube videos.  There are two possible scenarios:

1. You are innocently ignorant*.  
  2. You are a nefarious scam artist.

*Being ignorant does not excuse the fact that you are ripping people off.  If you wish to be a coin dealer, it is your responsibility to not misrepresent your coins.

In your videos, you have 3 rules:

1. don't believe in absurdities.
  2. don't keep company with people who are drunk, stoned or have no focus
  3. don't live in the past.

Please take an opportunity to understand your own absurdity, sobriety, and understanding of the present.  When it comes to numismatics, you are breaking all of your own rules. What's worse, is that your channel has 26.4k subscribers. You are feeding garbage to rookie collectors, and the fact that you are selling coins and positioning yourself as an expert is criminal IMO.

"When a man is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest" - Abraham Lincoln

-Consider yourself educated on the truth.  How will you respond?

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist

I was smart enough to not click on the link and feed into his click bait. Since I am not into social media on the whole, I don't know if this individual gets money for clicks on his link, and if so please stop feeding the kitty as from what I am reading here it's pretty bad.

I don't trust random links anyway and never click on them in this age of hacking.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:59 PM, powermad5000 said:

I was smart enough to not click on the link and feed into his click bait. Since I am not into social media on the whole, I don't know if this individual gets money for clicks on his link, and if so please stop feeding the kitty as from what I am reading here it's pretty bad.

I don't trust random links anyway and never click on them in this age of hacking.

I only went to the link to see what kind of misinformation was being handed out. I did not support it by subscribing. It is a joke.

Being I am not a fan of social media, is that how these YouTubers get paid if you subscribe to their channel? I honestly don't know how people get paid by posting videos although I have heard that they do.

I did check out a few of his videos, they are absolutely the worst.  These types of videos are the exact reason we tell new collectors to avoid youtube for numismatic information.  I feel kind of sorry for someone genuinely looking for information, thinking they have something valuable because the person who posted the video knows even less than they do.  I did hit the dislike button on his videos while I was there!