• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Special Labels, not for you coin collector!
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Why does NGC make believe that special labels are available to the average collector, they are not.  Most are only available to bulk submitters.  Take the Great American Coin hunt, the 2019 and 2020 quarters. I just submitted a 2019 W river and a 2020 W Rockefeller.  I asked for the special labels 1347 and 1135.  The web site says those coins are eligible for those labels.  At the bottom it says "Available for Bulk Submissions".  When I got my coins they were on the brown label.  This is first Great American Coin Hunt coin I have seen on a brown.  I called NGC and first they said yes if want that label just write it on your form.  I told them I did and then they came back and said it is ONLY for bulk submitters.  This does not go with my collection and I am not so happy.  I think lots of people have gotten this label with out being bulk.  Please let me know if you have run into this.

• Administrator

@DaGou,

These labels are on our site because they are still available for submissions. We do however have restrictions to what the labels can be added to. In this case, it would be they can only be added to bulk submissions. In many cases, special labels at one time or another were available for all submissions (like during a new coin release) but in other cases, some labels are only available through select retailers/coin dealers because they have created a contract with NGC for the creation of that specific label. We do want full clarity for our customers so they can see the labels that are currently available and how they would need to submit to receive each specific label. I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. Let us know if you have any other questions.