• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Pickers Post
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I have a tube of nickels that I add to from circulation. They must be pre 1970 and I know they are not worth anything but a nickel or maybe if lucky a dime, but I also pull them from circulation when I get them. I don't know what it is about getting a nickel from the fifties or even forties (yes, I have gotten a few 40's in cash register change), but I am always amazed at the survivability of the nickel in all these years of circulation and yet they are still not worn down smooth.

On 3/2/2023 at 1:54 PM, powermad5000 said:

I have a tube of nickels that I add to from circulation. They must be pre 1970 and I know they are not worth anything but a nickel or maybe if lucky a dime, but I also pull them from circulation when I get them. I don't know what it is about getting a nickel from the fifties or even forties (yes, I have gotten a few 40's in cash register change), but I am always amazed at the survivability of the nickel in all these years of circulation and yet they are still not worn down smooth.

I also put them aside or in a book. These two are from bank rolls. I believe the nice ones out there are from old coin jars that just get cashed in at the coin star and other places. Maybe these will be worth a buck or two someday.  ;)

S20230209_0001.jpg

S20230209_0002.jpg

S20230209_0003.jpg

S20230209_0004.jpg