• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JP's Nickels
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Wow, the first one has a really old holder!  Have you been able to match it up with a particular generation holder, if that even is of interest to you.

On 2/13/2023 at 12:47 PM, EagleRJO said:

Wow, the first one has a really old holder!  Have you been able to match it up with a particular generation holder, if that even is of interest to you.

Yes I have a few of the older holders I like them. 1995 holder I think .I try to buy them whenever I can. The new four pin holder shows the coin much better but there is something I like about a coin in a older holder. 

Edited by J P M

On 2/13/2023 at 9:50 PM, Lem E said:

Nice catch on the 82D. 

Some of these dates are hard to find. There are only 10 higher out of 219

Edited by J P M

On 2/13/2023 at 11:47 AM, EagleRJO said:

It looks like a generation 8, used August and September of 2000. It would be easier to identify if both labels were uncovered, but I understand why JP doesn't want to do that.

On 2/13/2023 at 11:57 PM, Just Bob said:

It looks like a generation 8, used August and September of 2000. It would be easier to identify if both labels were uncovered, but I understand why JP doesn't want to do that.

I was wrong not 1995 that was the year the ANA accepted NGC as there official grading service I guess . I looked it up at NGC and it is listed as the 1997 holder.  https://www.ngccoin.com/about/evolution-of-ngc-holder/

On 2/13/2023 at 9:42 PM, J P M said:

Thanks Neo......I have 110 of them so far just over 1/3 of the total full set of 300

Yea, that is quite a massive set!  And I thought the complete circulation set of Morgans at 105 coins I am working on, which is taking quite a while to assemble, was large.

On 2/14/2023 at 9:03 AM, EagleRJO said:

Yea, that is quite a massive set!  And I thought the complete circulation set of Morgans at 105 coins I am working on, which is taking quite a while to assemble, was large.

Yes it is a big set . Not as big as a Lincoln set .