• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Two Cents worth for today
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I assume that you know that you could have purchased complete 1985 and 1991 proof sets in their original government packaging, likely with coins of "69" quality for far less money than this. Each of these proof sets lists for $5-$6 in this month's Coin World "Coin Values". I suppose it's worth it if you must have these in certified holders, but I've seen slabbed modern proof coins in dealers' bargain boxes for as little as $5 each.

On 1/22/2023 at 11:48 AM, Sandon said:

I assume that you know that you could have purchased complete 1985 and 1991 proof sets in their original government packaging, likely with coins of "69" quality for far less money than this. Each of these proof sets lists for $5-$6 in this month's Coin World "Coin Values". I suppose it's worth it if you must have these in certified holders, but I've seen slabbed modern proof coins in dealers' bargain boxes for as little as $5 each.

I think Bill has every mint set anyway.

On 1/22/2023 at 11:48 AM, Sandon said:

I already have the proof sets plus about 60 others.

On 1/22/2023 at 8:03 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Proof sets JP!

Ya I know Bill. It is a old habit from when I was a kid anything from the mint was a mint set and everything else was not.lol