• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recently Graded Acients

5 posts in this topic

Hello. Just a quick question as I'm somewhat new to grading/slabbing. I submitted 3 Acient Roman coins recently and I know for sure two came back, or are on their way back anyways, graded in cases with online pics but one does not have pics and I dunno if it was graded or not. Just curious as I actually had some minor suspicions in regards to that one. 

Anyways its #6557615-002

thank yoouuuuuu!

D

BODY BAG!😵

HAHA but honestly this was the one coin that I thought might not be genuine so the reason I sent it in was for verification so to speak. The fact that it wasn't graded didn't come as a shock to me. Funny the seller has already sold several almost exact coins since I first purchased. When I confronted them about selling fake coins the seller said "well if its it's a problem with a certain coin then I'll contact my supplier and let them know"😆

Supplier? I mean that word right there is a huge red flag like what? Are you buying your super rare Roman Imperator coins in bulk with wholesale pricing from over seas? 🤣🤣 Also its amazing that every single coin from the BC era looked EXACTLY the same.  Same strike, same toning/patina, same shape, etc... Its a very good looking fake tho but I wish these resellers would list them as "replica" or something. At least I get to look at the fake up close tho and familiarize myself with how a fake looks and feels

On 1/25/2023 at 8:55 PM, blazeaglory said:

BODY BAG!😵

HAHA but honestly this was the one coin that I thought might not be genuine so the reason I sent it in was for verification so to speak. The fact that it wasn't graded didn't come as a shock to me. Funny the seller has already sold several almost exact coins since I first purchased. When I confronted them about selling fake coins the seller said "well if its it's a problem with a certain coin then I'll contact my supplier and let them know"😆

Supplier? I mean that word right there is a huge red flag like what? Are you buying your super rare Roman Imperator coins in bulk with wholesale pricing from over seas? 🤣🤣 Also its amazing that every single coin from the BC era looked EXACTLY the same.  Same strike, same toning/patina, same shape, etc... Its a very good looking fake tho but I wish these resellers would list them as "replica" or something. At least I get to look at the fake up close tho and familiarize myself with how a fake looks and feels

This hobby is up to its ears in con artists. Know that and act accordingly.