• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christmas Gifts
1 1

13 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2022 at 7:37 AM, Zebo said:

Love the idea of the tokens and the connection that you have with them. It’s always great to tie items with family members  that have past. As for the Garrett. Maybe we should have a detectorists meet up.

BC43456C-F3E3-4EE8-ADE0-E29F540888F7.webp

I would love that. We enjoy it very much. Were very happy to get a little better detector than what we had. We had been digging way to many nails and things like that. 

...love ur attitude of connecting ur historical n family ties thru ur hobby, best of all three worlds...love the brits detectoring club, my kind of group get a few half n halves n good to go...for christmas i bought myself a lump of coal, it would probably grade as details since its been subjected to massive heat n pressure n heavily polished but really sparkles in the sunlight....

Oh, I thought they were searching for truffles.  ;)

The old store and brickyard sites should be great places to search for coins and tokens.

Speaking of truffles --- I gave my new son-in-law pile of real Kentucky country ham -- thin sliced. He loves ham and this was really special for him. (His family is from Florida -- all they have there is canned iguana, iguana kebabs, and frozen candied iguana on a stick.)

Edited by RWB

Wow, that's really a very good gift. I like much better gifts that a person spent a lot of time preparing. I never liked to get money as a gift, because I immediately understand that the person does not know my interests and did not even think about what to give me. I always try to make original gifts to impress people. This year I gave all my friends personalized bobbleheads for Christmas which I bought here https://myfacebobbleheads.com/. It's the kind of gift they definitely haven't gotten yet.

Edited by MetcalfeVictor

Those gifts are beyond special, especially the tokens tied to your family history. Sentimental gifts hit differently, right? And that metal detector for your fam sounds like a blast, perfect for some quality time together hunting for hidden treasures! Speaking of meaningful presents, have you ever considered customized jewelry? It’s another way to capture memories and stories, just like those tokens.

Edited by blessedpiu

Connecting your hobby to your family and history sounds like a great way to enjoy it even more. The Brits Detecting Club sounds like a fun group to be a part of. Treating yourself to a lump of coal that sparkles in the sunlight for Christmas is a unique and cool idea!

When it comes to Christmas gifts, I'm all about giving experiences over things. Instead of just stuff, why not gift someone a top things to do? It could be tickets to a cool event, like a concert or a sports game, or maybe a day out doing something they love, like hiking or wine tasting. These kinds of gifts create memories and are way more meaningful than just another item to clutter up the house. So, if you're stuck on what to get someone, think about giving them an experience they'll never forget! What do you reckon?

Edited by Turandot