• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JP's Nickels
1 1

9 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2022 at 7:39 AM, EagleRJO said:

I also noticed that the same coin with FS would be $12,500.

being a lover of the nickels myself you might be surprised at what some of the FS Jeffs go for  yes this one is north of 12K for FS   almost makes you want to sell that 74 pinto and get one huh... hehehe j/k 

On 12/13/2022 at 7:39 AM, EagleRJO said:

Nice pick-up at a good price.  I also noticed that the same coin with FS would be $12,500. :whatthe:  Could that be right?

Ya I got lucky on this one. Like JT2 said some are crazy. It's hard to believe this is listed at NGC for a high price. It will give me a nice point boost in my registry set.

Edited by J P M

On 12/13/2022 at 5:21 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I like it!  Nice coin!

Thanks guys, It is a nice. Not a FS coin but any 60's Nickel is a tough find in FS or 66 and up. 

On 12/13/2022 at 7:51 AM, JT2 said:

being a lover of the nickels myself you might be surprised at what some of the FS Jeffs go for  yes this one is north of 12K for FS   almost makes you want to sell that 74 pinto and get one huh... hehehe j/k 

Can any of the valuable FS Jefferson's be found roll hunting?

And idk about selling the 74 pinto for a coin Jo.  Now, a 64-1/2 Mustang, that's another story. (:

On 12/14/2022 at 11:07 AM, EagleRJO said:

Can any of the valuable FS Jefferson's be found roll hunting?

And idk about selling the 74 pinto for a coin Jo.  Now, a 64-1/2 Mustang, that's another story. (:

I have found some FS coins roll hunting but nothing I would send in so far. I have a few nice raw 1960's Nickels but the FS is not a easy find for any year.

On 12/14/2022 at 11:34 AM, J P M said:

I have found some FS coins roll hunting but nothing I would send in so far. I have a few nice raw 1960's Nickels but the FS is not a easy find for any year.

JP, I know you do a lot of nickel roll hunting, so the more valuable ones must be pretty uncommon.  That would make sense with the value for many of those FS Jeffersons.

Well, time to start digging through the 1,000 count bag winter stash to find those FS Jeffersons. :banana:

Jeff Nickels Bag.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO