• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1994-D penny error
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Would this be a grease die, here's another one I have no clue. I don't know this kind of stuff on zinc. I pretty much only look for the CAM or WAM on these from 92s and up. I been trying to search different types of error it might be with this coin, and I'm not having any luck. By investigating the coin more, I don't know if this is a mint error or damaged. Thanks for any help with this one.

20221208_125808.jpg

20221208_122234.jpg

It could be but it looks like PMD to me the coin may be bent from a hit on the obverse and the reverse is higher so it wares more.

On 12/10/2022 at 8:36 AM, Greenstang said:

Hinkle

Are you sure that it is not something on the coin? It looks like the Memorial and type are filled in more than worn. Hard to tsay for sure with a two dimensional picture

I'm trying to figure out what you mean, I pulled it out of the roll just like this. It does look like two different coins but same coin. I'm looking at this with a scope then back and forth from magnifying. There's nothing on it, at first sight I thought dryer coin. It kinda looks like a damaged ones I've seen on line but no zinc showing. It still has the copper and has no evidence of a tool or feeder machine marks. 

Sorry everyone, after checking and pushing around the edges of the coin on a flat surface, JPs right the coin is bent. Very slightly though. Didn't notice that while looking at the coin. Wow,  I guess there's always something new to know, I would have never thought about checking it that way. Thanks JP