• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone collect Lincoln medals or plaques?

17 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2022 at 8:01 AM, ldhair said:

I'm not able to display much in my small house. 

This is some fun information on the plaque.

DSC09776-3.jpg

Thanx ldhair even that little bit of info was interesting  I have overpriced Littleton stuff from the 90s but it was interesting to see that the owner likes stuff like this.  Im still working on adding to and upgrading my jeffs, lincolns, roos dimes and quaters that I started years ago. Going for ef -au with no problem coins and trying for a matched looking sets. Slabbed stuff is expensive so I'm trying to goWith  raw but finding non damaged and cleaned raw is tough but I'm learning how to spot them from you guys.  The early denver and sanfran lincolns cost a bundle and I'm going to save for slabbed vdbS 14D and 32DS because I don't want to buy fake chinese .  Then I really want to do indians  thanks @pigeonman333rd for getting me back.interested in them.  

Ooops, sorry for my ranbling off  topic.   @ldhairs stuff is cool and it would be something I would l II e to collect when I win the powerball.  Thanks guys NG1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:55 AM, NewGuy1 said:

Thanx ldhair even that little bit of info was interesting  I have overpriced Littleton stuff from the 90s but it was interesting to see that the owner likes stuff like this.  Im still working on adding to and upgrading my jeffs, lincolns, roos dimes and quaters that I started years ago. Going for ef -au with no problem coins and trying for a matched looking sets. Slabbed stuff is expensive so I'm trying to goWith  raw but finding non damaged and cleaned raw is tough but I'm learning how to spot them from you guys.  The early denver and sanfran lincolns cost a bundle and I'm going to save for slabbed vdbS 14D and 32DS because I don't want to buy fake chinese .  Then I really want to do indians  thanks @pigeonman333rd for getting me back.interested in them.  

Ooops, sorry for my ranbling off  topic.   @ldhairs stuff is cool and it would be something I would l II e to collect when I win the powerball.  Thanks guys NG1

Did they mint a 1932-s I cant find it in the red book. I have found 1 1932 p in change I don't have the 1932-D though. I would check with the Penny lady on her website to find any of those coins slabbed. I wish I would have gone two her before I bought my 1857 ms63. The coin is not eye clean at first site looks way better in light of camera and under the loop looks marvelous but at first glance looks like it has stains on it that disappear under the loop and in pictures. If you got the money a 1877 proof is worth more I think then a 1909 S vdb and cost about the same as a high ms grade 1909-s VDB like say ms66. Did you ever think about collecting the 1930's-1950's proofs instead they are more rare more affordable and a set consists of straight no mint mark.  

On 12/9/2022 at 9:19 PM, pigeonman333rd said:

Did they mint a 1932-s I cant find it in the red book. I have found 1 1932 p in change I don't have the 1932-D though. I would check with the Penny lady on her website to find any of those coins slabbed. I wish I would have gone two her before I bought my 1857 ms63. The coin is not eye clean at first site looks way better in light of camera and under the loop looks marvelous but at first glance looks like it has stains on it that disappear under the loop and in pictures. If you got the money a 1877 proof is worth more I think then a 1909 S vdb and cost about the same as a high ms grade 1909-s VDB like say ms66. Did you ever think about collecting the 1930's-1950's proofs instead they are more rare more affordable and a set consists of straight no mint mark.  

I shouldn't say more rare that's not true because survival rate of proof coins could be high by the way have you bought a 2009 p/d/s copper satin proof set yet they are going up in price faster in less time then older proof setts due to 784,600 minted and many sets have been cut for individual coin value.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:19 PM, pigeonman333rd said:

I would say try this when buying coins because this is what I do never bid on a coin right away but put it on you watch list know the date and time the auction ends and at the last 15 seconds max bid half the average buying price for the grade in the red book but know if it's corroded know if it has been cleaned and never bid on auctions that use a depiction coin different then the actual coin you will receive and never bid if pictures are bad. A while back I used this method on a very fine corrosion detail 1857 flying eagle certified by pcgs. It red book values at $65 minus the corrosion so I maxed bid $20 and got it for $10 free shipping. I just wanted it to add something to my registry that was cheap it's one thing if you have a few coins in your registry that you paid alot for it's another to have examples that cost you alot less and you didn't have to certify them yourself.