• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spot on Peace Dollar
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have read previous threads about spots or marks on coins but I would appreciate if I could get some opinions on the attached coin. It's on ebay for 1500 which is more than I want to pay but I more concerned about spot. Thanx for any feedback :) 

PS: Sorry I wasn't able to post picture but eBay item number:404004056112 -- Sorry for inconvenience :( 

Thanks to everyone for calming my impulse down to buy something I would regret before ever seeing coin LOL. When I get close to completion of a set I lose focus LOL :)  I have completed and upgraded other set but this set has taken the longest. God Bless all and Happy Thanksgiving :) 

On 11/22/2022 at 1:47 PM, LDH Coins & Memorabilia said:

Thank You VKurtB, about a year or so you told me in a thread " that I had more money than sense (cents)" and that has stuck with me - especially when I get that itch for a particular coin, grade, mint mark - I'm learning patience and saving my sense. :) 

Always be wary of a seller in a hurry. Often, you’re being buffaloed. 

On 11/21/2022 at 5:08 PM, RWB said:

I deliberately picked a 50s style, so it wold be both obvious and not so "skanky."

I would have picked, "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot..." (1960) but your choice is more becoming...  :makepoint: doh! :facepalm: :whistle:

On 11/19/2022 at 8:33 PM, Greenstang said:

That spot would deter me from paying that much.

Hereis your photo

1934 Peace Do;llar.jpg

"Very perspicacious of you," as Prof. Fowler put it in that old TZ episode, Changing of the Guard.   Two things here: 1- I would not be inclined to complete any set I have diligently devoted myself to with, essentially, a hole-filler for all the reasons cited above.  2-  And this is where I part ways with the numismatic community.  I would decline to encapsulate any coin that could be conserved using the least intrusive but effective option available.  [I would also elect to assume any real cost involved if the submitter were a YN.]