• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[WTS] 1971-D Kennedy Half on a Silver Planchet error coin
1 1

38 posts in this topic

Idk about that Morgan even though it looks pretty good and may be a Near Date VAM-4. The date looks a little off, particularly the closed 6 and misshapen 8.

Even though it's a lower value worn Morgan, there have been contemporary copies made which get into circulation. Or maybe it just took a hit to mash the date. Hard to tell with those pics. I would post better pics to the Newbie section in a new topic.

[Note:  FWIW, this thread to my knowledge, features the only instance in recorded NGC Chat Board history, in which an audible four-letter word was seamlessly inserted into a reply via a YouTube snippet entitled, "WestWorld-Bernard Is." (If still extant----it was at post-time---- it can be found at mile marker October 24, 2022, page 1.)]

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Routine die polishing

I finally got my hands on a scale I trust and did an SG test and it turns out the coin is not silver. Deleted the original post. It was never my intention to scam or deceive, hence the discussion on testing methods and what would constitute proof. I really don't understand the hostility. There is a lot of conflicting information. For example, in the Cherry pickers guide the author states NOT to look at the edge of the coin to differentiate Cu-Ni clad coins from 40% Ag. I suppose its possible the coin is plated, but I don't understand how only the obverse/reverse would be plated and not the edge. I suppose its also possible that since the coin was dipped in E-z-est and many silver coins had been previously dipped that caused the change in color when exposed to sulfur, but I don't think such a small amount of silver could make the coin shine like it does or pass the tissue test. 

YOU ARE A GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR!

IT TAKES A VERY SPECIAL, BIG PERSON, TO COME BACK AND SHARE WITH THE MEMBERSHIP CONTRARY FINDINGS.

I, FOR ONE, AM DEEPLY SORRY YOU ENCOUNTETED HOSTILITY HERE.  WE ALL HAVE OUR BAD DAYS, BUT COMMEND YOU FOR COMING BACK TO STATE PUBLICLY THE NEWS YOU HAVE RECEIVED.

I ENCOURAGE YOU TO COME BACK AND CONFER WITH US ON ANY MATTER OF INTEREST TO YOU.

WE WILL LEAVE THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU.

On 10/25/2022 at 5:22 PM, VKurtB said:

Scam Artist. Either that or the biggest dope this year. 

I can lay claim to locking down not "this year" but 2020 with my cocky query, re diagnostic markers:  "Who put it there?" I still bear the bruise from the retort you lobbed at me! [Another member commandeered WonderCoin to weigh in on the hullabaloo!]  Live and learn; it's all good.

A certified scamster would have fled the premises and never showed his face again..  This new member came back! Give credit where credit is due, I always say. 

P.S.  To all other members within the sound of my voice:  I hereby retract all intemperate remarks I have previously made regarding this matter.

On 10/31/2022 at 10:22 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

A certified scamster would have fled the premises and never showed his face again.  This new member came back! Give credit where credit is due, I always say. 

He does deserve credit for that, and I edited my comments accordingly.