• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BamPaw's 1938 D Nickel..

5 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2022 at 8:35 PM, Liam ll said:

JPM...this is the only graded nickel in the whole pile...not worth much, but a nice looking coin. You can throw it on the pile for the Grandkids, just let me know where to send it. No tricks, no games, no hustle, just think you'll put in a better place than I will.

IMG_0798.jpeg

IMG_0799.jpeg

That is good looking coin and holder a very gracious offer thank you but I will decline. Please hold on to it and give it to one of the younger members of your family it may spark a interest to add to it. If I start collecting buffalos before I finish the Jefferson's it will break my stride. LoL:roflmao: 

On 10/19/2022 at 3:22 PM, Liam ll said:

I appreciate the value and history of the coins, but have never been a collector...

Well, not yet :), but you have a heck of a collection.  I applaud you for your effort, and your generosity with Banpaw's collection.

Apologies for the late response...Neophyte Numismatist..yes, it is quite a collection...yep..not yet..some of the coins tug at me sometimes...Ha...., thank you, but the generosity aspect comes from a different BamPaw that never had a collection...that man made it through the depression running shine, selling catfish in the City he caught on trotline, and rabbits  he snared and shot, retired from the county in the 70's, spent his last days in a garden that fed us, and made enough to keep him able to do the things he wanted to do...He taught me...Everything has a dollar sign on it...but sometimes the man its most important to doesn't have that dollar....