• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JP's Nickels
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2022 at 6:09 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Awesome work, man.  You have been dedicated to this set - It's a monster and I respect that!(thumbsu

Thanks Neo, I try .... You have got some really nice coins yourself ;)

You have some nice nickels JP. You have posted quite a few slabbed ones since I have been here, so I assume you are assembling a comprehensive registry set. Care to share the link to that so I can take a peek.

Sweet! There are a bunch of nice nickels, and that really is a massive registry set with almost 300 coin slots. Looks like you are about halfway there from skimming through the pages.

Also, looks like @Lem E is a little ahead on that set. 😜 

Edited by EagleRJO

On 10/15/2022 at 2:14 PM, EagleRJO said:

There are a bunch of nice nickels, and that really is a massive registry set with almost 300 coin slots. Looks like you are about half way there from skimming trough the pages.

Also, looks like Lem E is a little ahead on that set. 😜 

Thanks, It is a nice set I have found some hard to find coins. I still have a lot more to go. Lem's set is a quite bit nicer his coins are 67 and up I think he is in the top 10.

On 10/15/2022 at 10:30 PM, Lem E said:

JP has found one of, if not THE hardest coin to find in the 39S rev of 40. I’m jealous for sure.

That prolly is one of JP's "happy coins". 😉

On 10/16/2022 at 10:42 AM, EagleRJO said:

That prolly is one of JP's "happy coins". 😉

I would be happy with it no doubt.

Those are nice JPM. Are you focusing just on the graded nickels and proofs? I have 3 and a half tubes of raw nickels I haven't looked through if you're interested in any of them let me know the dates to look for.  There's only one graded one, 1938 D MS 65 NGC gold toned. 

On 10/16/2022 at 10:24 PM, Liam ll said:

Those are nice JPM. Are you focusing just on the graded nickels and proofs? I have 3 and a half tubes of raw nickels I haven't looked through if you're interested in any of them let me know the dates to look for.  There's only one graded one, 1938 D MS 65 NGC gold toned. 

Thanks for the offer Liam. I do have some nice raw coins but nowadays I look for graded coins when building a set. That way it will be easier for my clan of 4 girls ,10 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren  to get rid of the stuff they don't want to keep.

On 10/17/2022 at 2:41 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

LemE saw this on Ebay83872D62-0D42-4F56-8F0A-3534BDE5CC4F.thumb.jpeg.a38e0cd379d24778cc77253fc002f83b.jpeg

Thanks Bill for keeping an eye out for me. I do appreciate it. Unfortunately, this is a Denver coin. I’m looking for a San Fran mint. I am afraid if I do find one it may be out of my budget. I did see one in a PCGS holder in a MS-67 FS on Angel Dees website, but the price tag was a bit out of reach for me at $7500. We will see if that slot ever gets filled. 

On 10/17/2022 at 4:22 PM, Lem E said:

I think the hunt is the best part of collecting and filling that slot will be very gratifying when the right one comes along.

I agree the hunt is a good part of the enjoyment of collecting. I am down to plugging holes with about a dozen missing coins for a complete set I am working on, and it is very satisfying when you finally find one you are searching for at a reasonable price and are able to get it. From what JP has posted I am guessing he found that 1939-S Rev of 40 5C for a good price. Good luck with your hunt for that elusive one!

On 10/17/2022 at 6:01 PM, J P M said:

Yes the 1939S 64FS  was one of those right price at the right time I think it was around $50. Sometimes you find a sleeper just waiting to go home with you.

1939 S Reverse of 40 +.jpg

Under 1/3 of book. I don’t know how he does it. (worship)