• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Die Clash. Normal?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I picked this up in change at the gas station and noticed something kind of odd about it. It appears to be heavily clashed, but some of the clash marks seem to be out of place. One thing i see is a straight vertical mark coming out of the right side roof of Monticello. I looked at an overlay and unless I am missing something, that area should be clear. Can anyone help me understand whats going on with it? The pics make it look beat up but the clerk opened a brand new roll of them to make change for me. 

Thank you very much Screenshot_20220925-183922_Mercari.thumb.jpg.50a79ffd9ec5720b8efec61d939e9b63.jpgScreenshot_20220925-183912_Mercari.thumb.jpg.3902b35653d07eda751c5f46502b59c5.jpg

I think if there were a die clash you'd be able to see more telling and traceable evidence beyond a sort of mild mark or abrasion. I can't see what part of a die impression that could represent.