• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I had to have it
1 1

38 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2022 at 6:50 PM, J P M said:

Shotgun for squirrels?  I use a 22 up here. There must be some big tree rats in Kentucky

Im just a bad shot. Lol.  I use a 22 quite often also but I like waiting till the leaves are off and they  are on the ground. The under brush is bad around here. Hard to get a open shot while they are cutting. Shotgun helps alot. I also enjoy using a shotgun when they are cutting. 

No, I don't use a 12 gauge for squirrel. LOL. As a matter of fact, I hunt dove with a BB gun. Of course I have to have a head shot, and shoot when they are flying towards me for full impact. Kidding. Jed and Jethro might do that, but for me, a 22 rifle for squirrels and any gauge for dove. Wrong thread for this, just saying............. I guess I could make this legit. An old shell, nice toning, low relief because of worn out dies, XF45. The Columbian, ugly dark toning, could be black powder yuck from the shell, and has more nicks than an AU50 Morgan. The Columbian also looks like he got the worse end of a recent fight.