• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1943-D Nickle DDO-1
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I believe that ANACS might be the only service that will attribute that one. I, for one, see nothing there. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/6/2022 at 7:18 PM, blinewalker said:

The E R T Y in liberty isn't doubled? They display splitting in the serifs on the uppers 

Just so you understand where I am coming from on this topic, I don’t take Wexler’s word for much. Yes, some of his attributions are fine. But I’m sorry but I think some also are completely bogus. For me personally, if it isn’t in the Red Book or even the Mega Red, I have no interest in it as a variety. 

This does appear to be a doubled die, but if so, it is a very minor one that isn't most collectors' "cup of tea".  If this is what you enjoy, more power to you, as these sorts of varieties are a lot easier to "cherry-pick" than the better-known varieties and can be purchased for no premium.  You can simply put in your own holder and note the attribution.  If you want to see if ANACS will attribute and grade it, you should ask them; but you should ask yourself whether it's worth it to you to do so.

It’s the attribution that is a questionable call. The grade itself will be pretty impressive. 

This is not a DDO-001.................your best bang for your buck is to send this to NGC for grading...  She is a very high grade Jefferson .....any Jefferson collector would be proud to have it.

On 9/7/2022 at 6:50 AM, JT2 said:

This is not a DDO-001.................your best bang for your buck is to send this to NGC for grading...  She is a very high grade Jefferson .....any Jefferson collector would be proud to have it.

I agree it is a nice coin 65 or 66 IMO the only down mark is a rim hit at 8 o'clock on the reverse and a couple other bag marks. It may just not grade enough to justify the cost but that is up to you.