• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One cent

11 posts in this topic

Sorry, but  your pics aren't clear enough to see anything.  

The following sites have comprehensive listings of doubled dies.  You can look there for an EXACT match.  If you find something, post the info and members can confirm it

www.doubleddie.com

www.varietyvista.com

These are great sites to save if you're going to look for doubled dirs

On 8/21/2022 at 11:05 AM, HASSAN HASHMI said:

Can you please see the coin corner double die

Persistent, are you? I, too, do not see evidence of doubling. To me, only the 1955 Lincoln cent exhibits die doubling and does so demonstrably. If die doubling has to be pointed out, in most cases it is a mix of optical illusions and wishful thinking. My "two cents" on the issue.

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Gratutitous add-on comment.

You do not have a coin struck from doubled die, the rev die was very slightly misaligned something we call MAD (misaligned die).   It is very minor, happens often and has no collector value or interest unless some portion of the design or letters are missing.

On 8/21/2022 at 8:31 AM, HASSAN HASHMI said:

Can you see UK one penny how is about it

From the photos it looks like a badly cleaned, damaged coin which also has no; or extremely limited; collector value or interest from knowledgeable collectors.   Just because something is old does not automatically make it valuable, value is a function of condition, rarity, and demand.    There are lots of rare items that have almost no demand and thus are cheap relative to how rare it is, and there are lots of things that are not so rare but have high demand (because of exceptional condition in many cases) and thus high value.

Your 1913 UK penny is a neat item, but just not valuable in that condition.

Here's what the widely collected 1972 doubled die obverse cent looks like, shown below.  Note the crisp, clear doubling of all of the letters and numbers on the obverse, while the reverse is normal. There are less prominent (and less valuable) doubled die varieties of the 1972.  Your coin is a 1972-D.  I'm not aware of any significant doubled dies on a 1972-D, although there may be some minor ones listed in the resources shown by Oldhoopster.

You seem to be a very new collector.  You can find resources to help you learn about U.S. coins and collecting them in my article on this forum posted at

1972 DD cent obv..jpg

1972 DD cent rev..jpg

Edited by Sandon

On 8/21/2022 at 10:31 AM, HASSAN HASHMI said:

Can you see UK one penny how is about it

Slowly tearing my hair out. I have lots of it, but there’s a limit.