• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another reason to dislike EBAY
1 1

33 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2022 at 1:55 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

What year, grade, and price range was it ?

It was just a common date pre-1933 $20 Saint that ended up going for about an $1,800 hammer bid (~$1,980 with the BP) which was in my $1,900 to $2,000 range I set for that.  Looks like prices are coming down, so it probably worked out for the best in the end.  I usually don't wait till the very last second to try to time it at zero, which I know some do, but I was having some issues trying to place the bid from my phone. 

On 8/10/2022 at 8:10 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I cant see the counter on GC. I dont own a computer so I dont know if its because I use my phone or what. But the last 5 minutes I practice counting down and flip back and forth to see what their counter says. See how close I am. Then put in a bid at the very end. If its a coin I really want. I usually have an earlier bid. I do that if someone out bids me and its still in my budget. I usually wait till the very end to put in my max amount I will pay. I learned a long time ago that you have to do that if you want the coin cause there are several others bidding aginst you doing it too. Just hope mines higher. Ive won some good ones but lost others I really wanted. I dont let it bother me to bad though because the coins I usually buy can always be found again. And sometimes at lower prices and a nicer coin than before. Ive had a couple Im glad I lost because I found alot nicer ones to take the place of those. 

You are totally correct, there’s ALWAYS more of them!

I can’t stand waiting a week just to have it slip away like a f**t in the wind.