• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LINCOLN

34 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2022 at 5:47 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Sorry to hear of your situation Kevine. My best friend passed a year or so ago with Parkinson's and some other complications.  I hope you will continue to post your findings here to further your numismatic enjoyment of the hobby we all love.(thumbsu

Thank you. You are one of the reasons I keep coming back.  If

20220807_192751.thumb.jpg.6b9267531a7c2379acb7bf3490b4e6b5.jpg

In the images I definitely see dots or bubbles.   But the dot I see and am curious about matches the coins color. There are other dot shapes but they are not in the location matching the reference dot and they have a different hue. 

I am not familiar with restoration services but do you think that they would be appropriate to answer the Q?  Obviously the coin condition is poor. But the possibility seems worth pummeling a dead horse. If it is real the mystery is off the charts. 

I am excited to just have something to consider.  I am working to overlay images.  Is there any place that you recommend that I look to find location reference data to spot my coin?  Size, etc?

Thanks again 

K

On 8/10/2022 at 8:23 AM, Kevine84 said:

Thank you. You are one of the reasons I keep coming back.  If

20220807_192751.thumb.jpg.6b9267531a7c2379acb7bf3490b4e6b5.jpg

In the images I definitely see dots or bubbles.   But the dot I see and am curious about matches the coins color. There are other dot shapes but they are not in the location matching the reference dot and they have a different hue. 

I am not familiar with restoration services but do you think that they would be appropriate to answer the Q?  Obviously the coin condition is poor. But the possibility seems worth pummeling a dead horse. If it is real the mystery is off the charts. 

I am excited to just have something to consider.  I am working to overlay images.  Is there any place that you recommend that I look to find location reference data to spot my coin?  Size, etc?

Thanks again 

K

Pics and an explanation were provided in your other thread on the Canadian cent.  Pull that up and read it.

I understand you have health issues, but when somebody takes the time to look up and post info to help you, it can be really annoying when it appears you don't bother to look at it.  Probably not the case but that's how it comes across.

Agree with @Oldhoopster.  This coin was discussed already, and was decided that it is not the dot variety.  It's best to post one coin per thread, and get your answer on that coin.  Once you have your determination from the boards, it will not serve you well to re-post or push back.  At that point, you either have to move to other validation sources, or submit the coin for authentication.  

Continuous posting/questioning will lead to an impression of laziness and/or arguing.  This is likely not the cases for you, but wanted to reiterate what Hoopster is saying.  If someone on the forum is incorrect in their assessment of your coin, chances are that another on the forum will call it out.

On 8/10/2022 at 11:51 AM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Continuous posting/questioning will lead to an impression of laziness and/or arguing.

EXACTLY!!! And that IS the history, for almost three years, of this OP.