• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Pickers Post
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Rummaging through some cent rolls I have found three of these die crack 2022 cents in different rolls. I am hoping with any luck to find one that may have a chip out of it before they changed the die. This one is to minor a crack for a submission but it is still a fun find.;)  

S20220801_0001.jpg

S20220804_0002.jpg

S20220804_0001.jpg

Cool Find JP.  Yes die cracks can be pretty cool to find and some look pretty darn cool.

On 8/4/2022 at 6:43 AM, J P Mashoke said:

I am hoping with any luck to find one that may have a chip out of it before they changed the die.

I don't collect errors so I am curious why you would look for that?  Limited numbers?

On 8/4/2022 at 11:42 AM, EagleRJO said:

I don't collect errors so I am curious why you would look for that?  Limited numbers?

Don’t overthink this. Error collectors are a different breed of cat. 

On 8/4/2022 at 12:42 PM, EagleRJO said:

I roll hunt looking for coins to fill my coin books. I also like Roll Hunting. I have a USB magnifier scope for my PC and I pick up a lot of odd looking coins when checking the dates and mint marks. I don't want to call them all error coins but some are worth a spot in the old metal tin box. I have one 1995 D cent left to finish up one of my Lincoln books so I have been searching cent rolls the last few weeks . Normally a winter time project but with all the people around this year vacationing there are a lot more ( home rolls ) at the bank. Maybe I will get lucky and find my D cent.  

Cent Rolls II .jpg

On 8/4/2022 at 4:22 PM, J P Mashoke said:

... with all the people around this year vacationing there are a lot more (home rolls) at the bank ...

Sounds like you have a ready supply of fresh coins from around the area/country.  I think I recall you recently found a quarter you were not expecting to see too.  Anyway, happy roll hunting and I hope you find your 1995 D cent. ;)

I just got my first two Littleton quarter books for 1999-2021 so I will be joining you with the roll hunting soon after I go through the 50 state boards my kids and I have.  Really nice, well-made coin books too.  Now, let's see what everybody has in their pockets too.  :insane:

On 8/4/2022 at 12:42 PM, EagleRJO said:

I was not looking for that it was just there. If I find a true oddity I save it and then look for more to back up my findings. 

On 8/4/2022 at 3:22 PM, VKurtB said:

Don’t overthink this. Error collectors are a different breed of cat. 

There are some people who do go a bit overboard. We get a lot of parking lot and dryer coins here. I try to post only stuff from my roll hunting that is fun and intriguing. I have not found any coins that I can retire on like the Utube coins.:roflmao:  

On 8/4/2022 at 4:49 PM, EagleRJO said:

Sounds like you have a ready supply of fresh coins from around the area/country.  I think I recall you recently found a quarter you were not expecting to see too.  Anyway, happy roll hunting and I hope you find your 1995 D cent. ;)

I just got my first two Littleton quarter books for 1999-2021 so I will be joining you with the roll hunting soon after I go through the 50 state boards my kids and I have.  Really nice, well-made coin books too.  Now, let's see what everybody has in their pockets too.  :insane:

.Yes V 75 I also pick the best of the bunch and bookem Dano. My sorting trays for Quarters

20210605_191838.jpg

Sorta Fun.jpg

Edited by J P Mashoke

On 8/4/2022 at 5:00 PM, EagleRJO said:

Converted ice cube trays maybe?

They work great 5 coins per year. 3 rows of 5 and stackable.. LoL

On 8/4/2022 at 5:08 PM, J P Mashoke said:

They work great 5 coins per year. 3 rows of 5 and stackable.. LoL

I was going to use cups by year to roll sort, but I might try the trays. 😉

On 8/4/2022 at 6:43 AM, J P Mashoke said:

... I have found three of these die crack 2022 cents in different rolls. I am hoping with any luck to find one that may have a chip out of it before they changed the die.

On 8/4/2022 at 4:49 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I was not looking for that it was just there. If I find a true oddity I save it and then look for more to back up my findings. 

What I was curious about was that you were hoping to "find one that may have a chip out of it before they changed the die".  I just didn't know if having a chip out is a real rarity, or possibly just one you haven't found yet since you have 3 die cracked cents so far.

On 8/4/2022 at 4:49 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I have not found any coins that I can retire on like the Utube coins.:roflmao:  

Have not found Yet, you never know!:roflmao: I am prolly gonna get sucked into looking for certain errors when I am going through my quarter and half dollar rolls. :insane:

I Do find some cool coins looking for book coins mostly small die cracks and chips. Most of the oddity's you would never know are even there but the USB scope makes it easy to check dates on coins when you get older and your eyes are not as good as they used to be.  Once in a while you get something like a Wam or Cam a Spike or a new style double die which to me are not true double dies like a 1955 just variety's or oddity's in the die. Here are some below. Not worth anything unless you were a collector but the fact that I found them to me is good enough.

2020- P UDC.jpg

S20210813_0003.jpg

S20220110_0008.jpg

S20220208_0002.jpg

Edited by J P Mashoke