Does NGC automatically grade FS (full steps) on nickels or does the submitter have to pay for variety plus?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

You may or may not already know this but the FS designation is only given to business strike coins. Proof coins will not receive the designation. 

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The graders looks for strike characters such as 5FS, FB, PL, etc. automatically when grading raw coins, and there is no extra charge. If you have a coin already certified by NGC, then you would have to get it regraded when seeking such add ons.

"Does NGC automatically grade FS (full steps) on nickels...?"

Not usually on Buffalo nickels, no. ;)

On 7/10/2022 at 1:58 PM, DWLange said:

The graders looks for strike characters such as 5FS, FB, PL, etc. automatically when grading raw coins, and there is no extra charge. If you have a coin already certified by NGC, then you would have to get it regraded when seeking such add ons.

Thanks so much for the explanation!

On 7/10/2022 at 11:58 PM, DWLange said:

The graders looks for strike characters such as 5FS, FB, PL, etc. automatically when grading raw coins, and there is no extra charge. If you have a coin already certified by NGC, then you would have to get it regraded when seeking such add ons. When I needed to improve my grades I often used a service  https://essays.edubirdie.com/buy-dissertations for students where you can buy a dissertation. It helped me a lot to save time and improve the quality of learning.

Thank you so much, I didn't know about that!

Edited by JamesBell