• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need opinions

6 posts in this topic

Was thinking of bidding on this coin but I cant spot a cleaned coin to save my life. I already know about what the grade is, just would like some opinions on whether it has been cleaned. thank you for any info, jimbo27

s-l1600 (18).jpg

s-l1600 (19).jpg

I see no signs of cleaning, but there does seem to be some active “stuff” near the “P” in PLURIBUS. If you end up with it, an acetone bath may be in order. 

While I don't see an obvious signs of a harsh cleaning I would pass on this coin due to what might be PVC on the obv rim at 10 o'clock.   There could also be some old cleaning hairlines hiding under that tan toning that do not show up in a static photo.

What grade to you give this coin @jimbo27?

Yeah, just saw the green gunk,

On 6/9/2022 at 11:30 PM, Coinbuf said:

While I don't see an obvious signs of a harsh cleaning I would pass on this coin due to what might be PVC on the obv rim at 10 o'clock.   There could also be some old cleaning hairlines hiding under that tan toning that do not show up in a static photo.

What grade to you give this coin @jimbo27?

AU 50-53

Hard to tell without a angle view that is where it is best to see the fine lines of cleaning and the coin is toned so it makes it harder to see.