• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1945 Walking Liberty half dollar

37 posts in this topic

I have been checking rates for grading, insurance etc and have found that it costs a lot to get these things graded....I think I will take the advice I've received from you guys and hang on to it and at least wrap it in a coin holder....thanks for the info

On 6/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, Bill Wynn said:

I have been checking rates for grading, insurance etc and have found that it costs a lot to get these things graded....I think I will take the advice I've received from you guys and hang on to it and at least wrap it in a coin holder....thanks for the info

Curious: did the cost come as a surprise, and if so, why? Care to share what your initial thought of the cost was?

Bill, there is shipping, insurance, cost of packaging, etc and the costs NGC stipulates.  If you're not beginning to collect Walkers I'd settle for either a flip or a small, cheap holder or an album where it will tone up.

Edited by Alex in PA.

On 6/7/2022 at 4:39 PM, Bill Wynn said:

the cost for grading was not a surprise but I had not considered insurance both ways etc...still studying this whole business

Yeah, that’s why I drop them off at shows that I’d be at anyway.