• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1957 deep cameo proof cent
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Asking opinions about this coin, IMO it looks to me to image.thumb.jpeg.032b8c53d8d42b96ec28619f9edafb61.jpegbe a deep cameo. The pictures may not be the best and I know the lighting isn't worth a damn but that's the lowest my scope will go thanks.

CCapture (9)_edited.jpg

A "cameo" has to have complete frosted relief on both sides with mirror-like fields. In the photos, I see too much reflectivity on the relief.

There IS a horrible lighting problem here that will affect Cameo and Ultra Cameo judgments, but that said, there is no way this is an ultra, and PROBABLY doesn’t make Cameo either, but it could. 

Yes gentlemen I realize the photos leave something to be desired, but as mentioned in the post the photos are s##t my scope doesn't care for proof coins and after an hour dicking around with it it beat me and I summitted, knowing that would be the first thing said about the post is why I mentioned it in the beginning of the post. Thanks for the time to look at them and if your eyes are bleeding blame it on Russia :grin:

Edited by blinewalker

Try a cell phone shot on a white background and see if that works. Other than that it is a good looking proof but not a cam.

Edited by J P Mashoke