• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1920S Wheat Cent

37 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2022 at 9:14 PM, Woods020 said:

Totally distinct from views and political beliefs the process, from any party, is theater at best and words the moderators won't allow in reality. As if any of them are going to accomplish 1/5 of what they claim in their campaign..... And it all devolves into hit pieces against their competition very quickly. 

Yep. I ran for local office some years back. No negatives about the opposition (I was the independent in a 3-way race), only positives about what I proposed to change and how that was better and less costly than the others. Came in 2nd. The winner - a bible college "minister" - lied continually and at will. Stepped way back from trying to help and be of public service. Still served on several state and national commissions.

Edited by RWB

On 5/9/2022 at 8:49 PM, RWB said:

Yep. I ran for local office some years back. No negatives about the opposition (I was the independent in a 3-way race), only positives about what I proposed to change and how that was better and less costly than the others. Came in 2nd. The winner - a bible college "minister" - lied continually and at well. Stepped way back from trying to help and be of public service.

Thank you for making the effort, Roger. In 1992 I ran for State Representative (Virginian equivalent is Delegate) and got my head handed to me. In 2008, that man who beat me, HIRED me. I ended my career on his staff and in his Will. And I wasn’t a beneficiary of my own father’s Will. 

Edited by VKurtB

The closest I ever got to politics was to be appointed to a Governor's CHIP Advisory Council to assist in the healthcare needs of children in the Commonwealth. As a rule, I try to stay as far away from politics as the OPs coins are from $.10 centavos planchet errors.

Edit Note - I feel like I am coming off harsh if you are new.  I am new, too.  But, you came here claiming to have a very rare coin without any real knowledge or research.  If you are new (as I suspect) stick to the fundamentals, know your types and keys, etc.  If you are into errors look at resources like Wexlers.  Know the real deal from study, and then post them online with the die markers and such.  If it is a wrong planchet or overtype, give better descriptions and pictures based in research.  This forum is full of folks who found the "most rare" (but truly just damaged) coins.  A little homework goes a long way, as we tune out the noise.  

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist

My top “appointment” was in early 2003. I was appointed by departing Governor Schweiker (Originally Ridge’s Lt. Gov) to represent PA’s 3rd class counties (between 250,000 and 500,000 pop.) to the Help America Vote State Plan Advisory Board. On Gov. Rendell’s Inauguration Day, he cancelled my appointment. Three days later, he reappointed me. I was elected by my fellow board members to be the Chairman of the Board. I ran all the public hearings. Yes, I was the Chairman of PA’s HAVA State Plan Board. 

Welcome to the Chat Board

You should really start your own post instead of piggybacking on an old one.  
This only causes confusion.

As far as your 1920S cent goes, it is just a corroded wheatie, hence the lighter weight  
and has no numismatic value in that condition.