• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Find of the Day
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Do you collect old red books? If so we should talk. I have a bunch of them. For some reason I get given a bunch of them, or they just leave them with a collection when I buy it. 

On 4/22/2022 at 11:47 PM, Woods020 said:

Do you collect old red books? If so we should talk. I have a bunch of them. For some reason I get given a bunch of them, or they just leave them with a collection when I buy it. 

I can't say I collect them Woods. It just so happens that this year was the 75th anniversary and after I got it I said to myself it would be cool if I found the 50th anniversary Red Book in a yard sale or antique store. Well there it is LoL The other book was just a nice quick reference book that was only $2.. I have some world coins at home I can look up.

Edited by J P Mashoke

Just curious --- what can be done with 25 and 40-year old obsolete books like these?

(My old stuff is given to kids....)

On 4/23/2022 at 2:54 PM, RWB said:

Just curious --- what can be done with 25 and 40-year old obsolete books like these?

That’s why I was hoping someone collected them 😂. I give them away or throw them away. I have no use for a 1972 red book, which is currently sitting on my desk in a pile of others. 

On 4/23/2022 at 5:42 PM, Woods020 said:

I have no use for a 1972 red book, which is currently sitting on my desk in a pile of others. 

Now, if you had a pile of 1792 half dismes sitting on your desk along with that pile of 1796 quarters, the story might be different. ;)

On 4/23/2022 at 3:54 PM, RWB said:

Well I have no need for a lot of Red books but  a 50th anniversary book and this year 75th I think is just a kind of fun to have . It is fun to look up to compare some of the prices of the coins in 25 years. And for the price of a scratch ticket I get a piece of history.

On 4/24/2022 at 9:46 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Well I have no need for a lot of Red books but  a 50th anniversary book and this year 75th I think is just a kind of fun to have . It is fun to look up to compare some of the prices of the coins in 25 years. And for the price of a scratch ticket I get a piece of history.

If I run across the 75th for free in the future I’ll send it to you. I have a bunch of hardbacks too. 

Edited by Woods020

On 4/24/2022 at 10:41 PM, Woods020 said:

If I run across the 75th for free in the future I’ll send it to you. I have a bunch of hardbacks too. 

Thanks Woods, I already have the 75th I ordered it in 2021 because it was going to be a anniversary issue and that is what led me to look for the the 50th anniversary issue. The ones I have are the spiral books but the hard covers you may want to hang on to there is a listing with prices in the back of the 2022 red book and most issues are collectable. I bet even RWB books are collectable ( but don't tell him he may ask for more money)

2022 Red Book.jpg