• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I had to have it
2 2

18 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2022 at 9:31 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Nice grab JP

Thanks Hog ,It is actually a key date also . It is the last year with the U without a foot or serif on it. LoL I think we were all talking about that U a while back :facepalm:

On 4/16/2022 at 9:37 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Thanks Hog ,It is actually a key date also . It is the last year with the U without a foot or serif on it. LoL I think we were all talking about that U a while back :facepalm:

Ii learned something new today. I never knew that info about the U on those. Ive not done much research on ASEs. Thanks for sharing that my friend. 

On 4/16/2022 at 8:39 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Ii learned something new today. I never knew that info about the U on those. Ive not done much research on ASEs. Thanks for sharing that my friend. 

The U difference only applies to those mint marked with the W. 

On 4/16/2022 at 9:49 PM, VKurtB said:

The U difference only applies to those mint marked with the W. 

Thank you Kurt. Ill be remembering that now. 

On 4/16/2022 at 8:50 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Thank you Kurt. Ill be remembering that now. 

Look at the 2008 with the W. It is supposed to have the new U with the serif, but some don’t. It’s a pretty nice “pick” if you can find one. By the way, the 2007 shown here is a sweetheart. Nice. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 4/16/2022 at 9:53 PM, VKurtB said:

Look at the 2008 with the W. It is supposed to have the new U with the serif, but some don’t. It’s a pretty nice “pick” if you can find one. By the way, the 2007 shown here is a sweetheart. Nice. 

Ill keep a watch for one. Be pretty neat to own one of each. 

On 4/16/2022 at 11:44 PM, tj96 said:

Like Hog, I haven't done much research on ASEs either.

What is this?

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 11.39.24 PM.png

I thought it was a mark in the flip but it is a defect a bump in the sun that got hit. I did not see it until I took the picture. The camera picks up what the eye can't see Oh well that's my fault for not looking at it with a loupe. 

On 4/17/2022 at 7:40 AM, J P Mashoke said:

I thought it was a mark in the flip but it is a defect a bump in the sun that got hit. I did not see it until I took the picture. The camera picks up what the eye can't see Oh well that's my fault for not looking at it with a loupe. 

Can you get a closer picture of it?

On 4/17/2022 at 9:30 AM, tj96 said:

Can you get a closer picture of it?

I will give it a try  if you like? it will not change it.  It is interesting  LoL  

07.jpg

On 4/17/2022 at 9:43 AM, J P Mashoke said:

I will give it a try  if you like? it will not change it.  It is interesting  LoL  

07.jpg

Would just like to have an idea on what caused it.

It could be a void under the surface not sure if it was in the die It don.t look like a grease spot

On 4/17/2022 at 9:49 AM, J P Mashoke said:

It could be a void under the surface not sure if it was in the die It don.t look like a grease spot

okay, thanks.