• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Wynn
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi I just joined NGC....I am brand new at coin collecting and I have some interesting coins in my collection....I have never had a coin graded and hope someone out there can give me an insider's tip on the best way to proceed.  Thanks in advance, Bill

Welcome to the forum Bill, like TJ I suggest that you post some photos (clear in focus photos please) of these "interesting" coins you have as a newcomer to the world of coin collecting.   We always enjoy looking at coins, well almost always, also in the future you will get more interaction if you post in the US coin or newbie section of the forum not here in the registry section.   This section is for questions about the registry and registry sets.

Having coins graded is expensive so it would be smart of you to be sure that the coins you send in are valuable enough or the coins will have enough value added to cover the costs of grading and slabbing, not every coin is a good candidate for grading/slabbing.   With good photos we can give you some initial guidance and you may want to follow that up with a consultation with an NGC authorized dealer in your area.

On 4/15/2022 at 11:55 PM, Coinbuf said:

you will get more interaction if you post in the US coin or newbie section of the forum not here in the registry section. 

Yep

On 4/15/2022 at 11:55 PM, Coinbuf said:

Welcome to the forum Bill, like TJ I suggest that you post some photos (clear in focus photos please) of these "interesting" coins you have as a newcomer to the world of coin collecting.   We always enjoy looking at coins, well almost always, also in the future you will get more interaction if you post in the US coin or newbie section of the forum not here in the registry section.   This section is for questions about the registry and registry sets.

Having coins graded is expensive so it would be smart of you to be sure that the coins you send in are valuable enough or the coins will have enough value added to cover the costs of grading and slabbing, not every coin is a good candidate for grading/slabbing.   With good photos we can give you some initial guidance and you may want to follow that up with a consultation with an NGC authorized dealer in your area.

thank you....I will do that

On 4/16/2022 at 12:46 PM, Bill Wynn said:

I will post in the Newbie section

Lookie here Bill; for decades, that's right decades, some here have tried to get NGC to add more segments, like Collector's Universe has, but with no luck.  Maybe the future will be kind to us.

Oh, BTW:  Welcome aboard.

thanks Alex....I have no idea what Collector's Universe has but whatever it is I hope you're right...I am a rank newbie and I appreciate a Seasoned Veteran like yourself taking the time to welcome me to the gang