• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not sure about this?
2 2

25 posts in this topic

My niece had an old man gave her this piece. Dont know if its a type of medal, button, belt buckle, or what.  We know its nothing of value or anything like that. We just wondering and trying to figure out what it is. Its defanitely bronze or copper. Its roughly 2 3/4 inches wide. Its only struck on one side. Its hollowed on the other. Its badly corroded like its been in the ground or something. Does anyone know what this could be?  RoundPhoto_Apr102022_163009.thumb.png.d9a768ef73b294085c200ce81bc2d1d5.pngRoundPhoto_Apr102022_163511.thumb.png.021aa56b0016721ec70982e9d8a78e3f.png

Heres a larger picture of the front. Maybe some king of pin or something? Would this be something from the military?RoundPhoto_Apr102022_162024.thumb.png.e875b0ce138097fc13137487f58b4816.png

Edited by Hoghead515

On 4/10/2022 at 6:01 PM, Hoghead515 said:

That sure looks like it. Thank you. Yea. Its pretty wide. Everything else looks good. 

The picture is deserving.  Just for the heck of it, can you take of it next to another coin?

On 4/10/2022 at 6:29 PM, tj96 said:

The picture is deserving.  Just for the heck of it, can you take of it next to another coin?

My niece done left with it. Ill get her to bring it back soon

Did the other side show any sign of a pin or clip being on it? Like a solder mark maybe? That size would suggest a medal or pin to me. But I have no real help for you. 

Edited by Woods020

On 4/10/2022 at 7:45 PM, tj96 said:

No problem, no rush.

She been fighting with her punk meth head boyfriend. He came in and got mean with her. They staying in my moms house and he started breaking things.  I went up and run him off and we was all tore up from adrenline and I forgot to take a pic of it. Ill try to do it next weekend. Maybe sooner if I get rained out. Just found out I gotta stay away all week. 

On 4/10/2022 at 8:42 PM, Woods020 said:

Did the other side show any sign on a pin or clip being on it? Like a solder mark maybe? That size would suggest a medal or pin to me. But I have no real help for you. 

It sure did. In the very top picture if you look close you can see 4 little spots that look like solder. 

On 4/10/2022 at 7:46 PM, Hoghead515 said:

It sure did. In the very top picture if you look close you can see 4 little spots that look like solder. 

I’m guessing it was a pin of some kind. But that’s only a guess. 

On 4/10/2022 at 8:49 PM, Woods020 said:

I’m guessing it was a pin of some kind. But that’s only a guess. 

Id say your right. With the help of tj96 pushing me in the right direction it was the symbol the US Army used. I found a chart that said that design was used from 1902 to present. Whenever that chart was last dated. Looks to big to be a button so Id say your right. Do to the solder marks its probably a pin of some kind. Maybe an expert in that category will see this thread and help confirm it or tell us more about it. Although not valuable I still have a big intrest in that kind of stuff. I love the history behind those sorts of things.

Edited by Hoghead515

On 4/10/2022 at 8:44 PM, Hoghead515 said:

She been fighting with her punk meth head boyfriend. He came in and got mean with her. They staying in my moms house and he started breaking things.  I went up and run him off and we was all tore up from adrenline and I forgot to take a pic of it. Ill try to do it next weekend. Maybe sooner if I get rained out. Just found out I gotta stay away all week. 

Very sorry to hear that Hog.  I hope things work out.

Edited by tj96

On 4/10/2022 at 10:25 PM, Hoghead515 said:

We got them worked out. My niece came around for help. She said hes scared to death of me for some reason. I dont know why. Ive never done a thing to him before. Never harmed noone in my whole life. But he left out pretty easily when I had a little talking to with him . My niece is very glad to see him leave. 

Good to hear, hope you and your family will not be seeing him around soon.

I feel really bad. I had to get a little mean with him and im not that kind of person. Ive not got a mean bone in my body. Dont like doing that. His own mom is trying to get my niece to divorce him. Thats pretty bad when your mom chooses the other over her own son. Said she pay for the divorce and help her out with the baby. Anything she needs. Anyways ill get back on subject. Instead of rambling on. I guess im just in a bad mood. Got down here at a motel and everyone ran off to get food and left me here. I just walked a couple miles in the rain to a Wendys. Kinda got me aggravated. Im gonna drive my own vechicle next time we work down here. I got stuck with a different crew for a few days. My crew I usually work with wont do you that way. I guess you all dont want to hear my crying around and slingin snot. But thank you all for the info on that deal. Looks like someone dug it up. Its pretty heavy. And pretty thick.  

On 4/11/2022 at 6:09 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I feel really bad. I had to get a little mean with him and im not that kind of person. Ive not got a mean bone in my body. Dont like doing that. His own mom is trying to get my niece to divorce him. Thats pretty bad when your mom chooses the other over her own son. Said she pay for the divorce and help her out with the baby. Anything she needs. Anyways ill get back on subject. Instead of rambling on. I guess im just in a bad mood. Got down here at a motel and everyone ran off to get food and left me here. I just walked a couple miles in the rain to a Wendys. Kinda got me aggravated. Im gonna drive my own vechicle next time we work down here. I got stuck with a different crew for a few days. My crew I usually work with wont do you that way. I guess you all dont want to hear my crying around and slingin snot. But thank you all for the info on that deal. Looks like someone dug it up. Its pretty heavy. And pretty thick.  

Sounds like he needs you to get real mean with him. Someone may have to beat some sense into him. 

On 4/11/2022 at 7:23 PM, Woods020 said:

Sounds like he needs you to get real mean with him. Someone may have to beat some sense into him. 

Maybe it will make him grow up a little. 

On 4/17/2022 at 11:38 PM, derrbrad said:

With the original picture. It is a US army horse bridle rosette. There is a piece missing sort of like a bar that bridges where the two points on the back are.

Thank you. That makes perfect sense due to the large diameter. I couldnt find anything on a uniform that big. It looks like its been in the ground for a very long time and the back of it has corroded away. 

On 4/11/2022 at 10:55 AM, RWB said:

One of many variations on the Great Seal of the United States of America. The same design was used in official buckles, award plaques, and a wide range of imitation souvenirs and other military themed items.

(The drug-head will only ruin his life and that of all around him. Get him cured, or get him gone.)

Most people are unaware that the Great Seal of the United States has TWO SIDES. It is not monoface. The other side is that pyramid with the eye at the top and Latin phrases top and bottom. No, it has nothing to do with the Knights Templar, or secret societies. It’s just the other side of the Great Seal.