• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who ever graded or had this graded messed up!!!
1 1

18 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2022 at 7:04 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Welcome again Anthony, That's a cool find, Perhaps when it was graded it was a extra to add special wording and the owner did not want to pay for it or did not know to request it...?

Thats what I was thinking. The submitter may not have wanted to pay the extra $15 for variety plus. But its a very nice coin and a great deal on it. Nice addition @Anthony420

There are many mintmark and die varieties that are not mentioned on TOPG labels. One of the easiest to locate are 1934-D Doubled Die obverse silver dollars.

It does indeed appear to be a micro S. I don’t know what the policy is at NGC regarding correcting the attribution. Given this is a no-fee attribution I wonder if they will correct it for free? It’s essentially like a mechanical error and the label reads wrong, which they would fix. With that said I’ve never attempted or heard of anyone attempting a similar discussion with NGC. 

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The 1945-S Micro S is a variety NGC will add for no additional charge if the submitter notes it on the form. Either this was not done or the coin was part of a bulk submission, in which case no one would have been looking for the variety.

I don't want to take away from your wonderful news but I would be surprised that they are doing it for free if you are not the original one who summited it for grading?

On 4/15/2022 at 5:39 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I don't want to take away from your wonderful news but I would be surprised that they are doing it for free if you are not the original one who summited it for grading?

Actually, that is not true, NGC will remedy some issues for free, I currently have one coin at NGC to be fixed free of charge as the label is a mechanical error.   I was not the original submitter of the coin.

On 4/15/2022 at 6:39 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I bought it from a coin shop for 20 bucks and I got ngc to fix it so in that case makes it around 100 or more bucks so it's a.win for me 

Great that NGC corrected the omission!

[Oh, OK on the terminology. What's it called by NGC? - RWB]

Edited by RWB
Correction of terminology

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

To clarify, it's not an omission unless the submitter noted "Micro S" on the submission form.

On 4/16/2022 at 2:30 PM, DWLange said:

To clarify, it's not an omission unless the submitter noted "Micro S" on the submission form.

This is VERY important. It is clear to me from reading literally thousands of threads that many submitters believe NGC will attribute things without being asked. That has never been the case for any TPGS. The burden is on the submitter.