• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975/76 proof set
1 1

17 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2022 at 10:13 AM, Shawn11 said:

yes sir there is nothing let see if can a good pic

IMG_0347.JPG

yk.jpg

Please try again. You can see yourself no one is able to discern anything from these pics 

Pictures are bad, but I looked at my proof set, and this is a common problem for some years. Called Late Die State LDS, the initials are actually there but very faint due to weak die.

I had to put mine under the microscope to see them.

https://www.lincolncentcollection.com/novdb.php

IMG-4219.JPG

IMG-4220.JPG

They are there Shawn just faint from A very week late die state.Most of the time it’s the P mint with this problem, but these are S proof coins. 
sorry it is not increasing value 

Could be due to excess polishing. Design elements like this are not added to individual working dies, they are on the master hub, so if was missing there, all the cents would be missing the VDB. 

Maybe a minor premium since it's a proof if you can find an interested buyer, but nothing rare or spectacular IMO

On 3/10/2022 at 9:15 AM, Oldhoopster said:

Could be due to excess polishing. Design elements like this are not added to individual working dies, they are on the master hub, so if was missing there, all the cents would be missing the VDB. 

Maybe a minor premium since it's a proof if you can find an interested buyer, but nothing rare or spectacular IMO

thank you sir the most info giving so far