• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC holder with sharp edge sides?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I recently bought a 1939 Proof Nickel.  It's in an NGC EdgeView holder.  This holder scans and matches my coin.  I have no concerns about the coin, it's authenticity, or grade (love the coin).  However, the seam along the sides of the coin is sharp to the touch (where it clamshells together).  I have a good mix of PGCS and NGC slabs, and I have not had one that is quite this pronounced. This is not something that I can easily photograph, but it can be easily felt.

Anyone else have a "sharp slab"?

yes some of my latest slabs have the plastic built up around the seam.  this does create a little sharp pieces around that seam.... got a batch in the hopper right now i will let you know.

On 3/3/2022 at 10:28 PM, Woods020 said:

I have seen a few. It seems like it happens is they “over bake” them in the sealer maybe. But yes it does happen. 

Hmmm....I thought they used an E-Z-Bake for this. The things ya' learn when not paying attention!

:)