• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paper Currency Collectors

9 posts in this topic

I primarily have been collecting coins for a while now but thinking about dabbling in paper currency. Looking to collect Colonial issue and some Civil war Era bills. 
However, I'm finding it really difficult to find price guides for these bills. There isn't nearly as much available to compare to as there are with coins. 

Does anyone here collect Paper Currency? If so, how do you determine whether you're paying too much for a bill and what resources do you use to compare values? 

Thanks all! 

On 2/25/2022 at 9:59 AM, Greenstang said:

You might get some results if you went on the NGC paper money forum instead of the coin forum.

pmgnotes.com

Appreciate it. Will take a chance over there as well. 

Thanks! 

On 2/25/2022 at 9:59 AM, Greenstang said:

You might get some results if you went on the NGC paper money forum instead of the coin forum.

pmgnotes.com

Is that over here or another totally entirely different website ?

On 2/26/2022 at 5:50 PM, jtryka said:

I thought they got rid of the PMG message board.

Nope, alive and kicking, come on over !! (thumbsu

PMG is the leader in currency grading, I believe, so it would be kind of weird if NGC (PMG's owner) got rid of the Boards here.

They are definitely less active than the coin section.