• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1923 High Grade ?

10 posts in this topic

Reading between the lines Kevin it seems you think this is an extremely high grade coin, and accordingly a high value coin. Such a high value coin eBay would not be the right forum to sell. 

I think you are mistaken. It’s a nice coin, but far from a condition rarity. I don’t collect these but by standard grading principles I think Fenntucky Mike is correct. Maybe, just maybe, eek up into low AU on the best of days. 

The farthings posted so far are VF-EF ordinary pieces pulled from circulation. They also have numerous nicks and circulation damage -- they would be nice in a Whitman album, as Fentucky Mike notes.

Yes Thank you.

I finally found a beautiful example of a MS66 sick beautiful coin.  I see my mistake.  I was largely using the best I found on ebay to assume the best quality of the coin.  Problem is there is not a really great example.

I will definitely fill a few albums.  Then I'll peddle the other 3,000 somewhere but with a much more acceptable price.

Thank you all.  This helps.

On 2/20/2022 at 6:23 PM, Kevine84 said:

Yes Thank you.

I finally found a beautiful example of a MS66 sick beautiful coin.  I see my mistake.  I was largely using the best I found on ebay to assume the best quality of the coin.  Problem is there is not a really great example.

I will definitely fill a few albums.  Then I'll peddle the other 3,000 somewhere but with a much more acceptable price.

Thank you all.  This helps.

Gee whiz. Wow.