• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 lndiana quarter error

6 posts in this topic

I have a 2002 indiana quarter that look like it has what I think a broad strike error I saw the same exact one on one of the forums that is on here in January 2019. Can anyone tell me about this error and if possible a value.20220215_230329.thumb.jpg.684ce83df693c3fedc034c78b273d656.jpg20220215_230338.thumb.jpg.02769acbe3fd402e26a547edf1199060.jpg

Welcome the the Forum.

What you have is not a broadstrike as it has been struck in collar. A broadstrike is struck out of collar.

Your quarter has been intentionally ground down, probably to make it look like an error.

Can you link the thread that you read from 2019: I suspect that you missed some info on that thread.   Greenstang is correct and here is a site with some information on how a broad strike error happens and what one looks like, if you scroll down to the second example in the article you can see that your coin looks nothing like a true broad strike.

broadstrike

I responded to it also. It was a dryer quarter then that justbob had informed the OP of. He is saying his is just like it, which I agree. 

On 2/16/2022 at 3:59 PM, Coinbuf said:

Can you link the thread that you read from 2019: I suspect that you missed some info on that thread. 

Its definately had some type of grinding tool took to it. Wether a dremel tool or what, we will never know. You can see the abrasive lines on the reverse. Also the the diameter is still there.  If it was broadstruck it would be flattened out some and the diameter a little larger.