• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a new NGC Registry set? **Please remember to include your NGC certification numbers in your request! **
21 21

474 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 4/1/2023 at 9:17 AM, BelgiumCollector said:

Hello Ali, 

Is it possible to make a new set for Belgium Essai coins?

Would be a great added value to the ngc site end super for the Belgium Essai collectors.

This would be my beginning of that set. 
Think this is a good beginning for this Essai set. 
thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Hello, BelgiumCollector.

Thank you for your request. We will add your request to our pending list of new competitive sets to consider. Please keep in mind we currently have an extensive backlog of requests for new slots and sets for coins and notes in both the NGC and PMG Registry, and our staffing resources are stretched right now. You may create a Custom NGC Registry set if you wish to display all your coins meanwhile. Thanks very much.

Hi Ali,

I’d like to propose a new competition category for United Kingdom gold sovereigns. It’s time to have a Date Set (a.k.a. Year Set) consisting of one coin from any mint for each date from 1817 to 2023.  Currently this would require a total of 173 coins. That sounds a bit large, however even bigger sets already exist, for example the 192 coin Australia (1855-1931) Complete Circulation Issue, which has 54 sets registered.  

Gold sovereigns are one of the most popular gold coins being collected, with over 1000 different sets currently registered. Since sovereigns were produced at seven different mints, there would be a great number of possibilities for collectors to choose from for a Date Set.  I would suggest that any sovereign bearing the correct date be allowed in each slot.  Any variety, any condition, produced by any mint, in mint state or proof would be eligible. Even piedfort coins should be allowed, since they are technically considered to be sovereigns even though they weigh twice as much and contain double the amount of gold. There is also precedent for mixing MS and PF coins together in a set, for example the US $20 Liberty Double Eagle Date Set.

It’s highly unlikely that anyone will ever complete this set, since a few of the very early dates are prohibitively rare and expensive, such as 1819, 1828, and 1841. But it would be a fun challenge to see how many slots you could fill.

Here’s another idea.  The set could be made really interesting by assigning the exact same point value to each coin in the set, no matter how rare or what condition! Just award 100 points to any legal coin in that slot, so the collector who has the most slots filled is the leader.  An 1817 PF66 UC coin would get the same points as a 2022 XF40 coin or a 1907 AU Details (Cleaned) coin.  I think that a set like this would appeal to a very large number of collectors, since it wouldn’t require a huge budget to participate in, which most of the other categories do.  No need to hunt for rare coins, or coins in the highest grade … just get anything with the right date! 

I think this would be a very interesting and exciting new concept for an NGC category, so I hope you will give it some serious consideration.

Here’s a couple of examples of coins that I own that would be acceptable:

2894638-001, 5863117-002, 2114844-030.

Edited by Cozdred

• Administrator
On 4/17/2023 at 2:22 AM, Cozdred said:

Hi Ali,

I’d like to propose a new competition category for United Kingdom gold sovereigns. It’s time to have a Date Set (a.k.a. Year Set) consisting of one coin from any mint for each date from 1817 to 2023.  Currently this would require a total of 173 coins. That sounds a bit large, however even bigger sets already exist, for example the 192 coin Australia (1855-1931) Complete Circulation Issue, which has 54 sets registered.  

Gold sovereigns are one of the most popular gold coins being collected, with over 1000 different sets currently registered. Since sovereigns were produced at seven different mints, there would be a great number of possibilities for collectors to choose from for a Date Set.  I would suggest that any sovereign bearing the correct date be allowed in each slot.  Any variety, any condition, produced by any mint, in mint state or proof would be eligible. Even piedfort coins should be allowed, since they are technically considered to be sovereigns even though they weigh twice as much and contain double the amount of gold. There is also precedent for mixing MS and PF coins together in a set, for example the US $20 Liberty Double Eagle Date Set.

It’s highly unlikely that anyone will ever complete this set, since a few of the very early dates are prohibitively rare and expensive, such as 1819, 1828, and 1841. But it would be a fun challenge to see how many slots you could fill.

Here’s another idea.  The set could be made really interesting by assigning the exact same point value to each coin in the set, no matter how rare or what condition! Just award 100 points to any legal coin in that slot, so the collector who has the most slots filled is the leader.  An 1817 PF66 UC coin would get the same points as a 2022 XF40 coin or a 1907 AU Details (Cleaned) coin.  I think that a set like this would appeal to a very large number of collectors, since it wouldn’t require a huge budget to participate in, which most of the other categories do.  No need to hunt for rare coins, or coins in the highest grade … just get anything with the right date! 

I think this would be a very interesting and exciting new concept for an NGC category, so I hope you will give it some serious consideration.

Here’s a couple of examples of coins that I own that would be acceptable:

2894638-001, 5863117-002, 2114844-030.

Hello, Cozdred.

We appreciate your thoughtful request and support. The senior team has concluded these coins have sufficient representation in several existing competitive sets, including the sets under the multiple "Multiple Countries" category, below. You may create a Custom NGC Registry set, if you wish.

Gold Sovereign, One Per Ruler Per Mint, 1817-Date, Circulation Issue

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/multiple-countries/multiple-countries/5998/

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/multiple-countries/multiple-countries/5999/

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/multiple-countries/multiple-countries/6000/

Also, we have a backlog of requests for new slots and sets for coins (and notes) that currently have no representation in any existing competitive NGC (or PMG) Registry sets. We are focusing our limited resources there right now. Thank you.

On 4/18/2023 at 8:19 AM, Ali E. said:

Hello, Cozdred.

We appreciate your thoughtful request and support. The senior team has concluded these coins have sufficient representation in several existing competitive sets, including the sets under the multiple "Multiple Countries" category, below. You may create a Custom NGC Registry set, if you wish.

Gold Sovereign, One Per Ruler Per Mint, 1817-Date, Circulation Issue

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/multiple-countries/multiple-countries/5998/

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/multiple-countries/multiple-countries/5999/

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/multiple-countries/multiple-countries/6000/

Also, we have a backlog of requests for new slots and sets for coins (and notes) that currently have no representation in any existing competitive NGC (or PMG) Registry sets. We are focusing our limited resources there right now. Thank you.

Thanks for the consideration Ali. I do understand you guys are swamped and working in a triage situation now.  But, with all due respect, the 4 sets you list require a total of just 37 coins (21 + 4 + 5 + 7), which hardly compares to the 173 coin category I propose. 

I was really excited by my idea to create a date set awarding the same point value for any legal coin in the slot:

"Here’s another idea.  The set could be made really interesting by assigning the exact same point value to each coin in the set, no matter how rare or what condition! Just award 100 points to any legal coin in that slot, so the collector who has the most slots filled is the leader.  An 1817 PF66 UC coin would get the same points as a 2022 XF40 coin or a 1907 AU Details (Cleaned) coin.  I think that a set like this would appeal to a very large number of collectors, since it wouldn’t require a huge budget to participate in, which most of the other categories do.  No need to hunt for rare coins, or coins in the highest grade … just get anything with the right date! "

Nobody thought that was a cool innovation?  If you don't have time to work on it now, maybe put it away to consider at some future date when the backlog clears up. Or maybe use some of my grading fees to hire more workers! ;)

Edited by Cozdred

• Administrator
On 4/19/2023 at 7:12 AM, Cozdred said:

Thanks for the consideration Ali. I do understand you guys are swamped and working in a triage situation now.  But, with all due respect, the 4 sets you list require a total of just 37 coins (21 + 4 + 5 + 7), which hardly compares to the 173 coin category I propose. 

I was really excited by my idea to create a date set awarding the same point value for any legal coin in the slot:

"Here’s another idea.  The set could be made really interesting by assigning the exact same point value to each coin in the set, no matter how rare or what condition! Just award 100 points to any legal coin in that slot, so the collector who has the most slots filled is the leader.  An 1817 PF66 UC coin would get the same points as a 2022 XF40 coin or a 1907 AU Details (Cleaned) coin.  I think that a set like this would appeal to a very large number of collectors, since it wouldn’t require a huge budget to participate in, which most of the other categories do.  No need to hunt for rare coins, or coins in the highest grade … just get anything with the right date! "

Nobody thought that was a cool innovation?  If you don't have time to work on it now, maybe put it away to consider at some future date when the backlog clears up. Or maybe use some of my grading fees to hire more workers! ;)

Hi, Cozdred.

We truly do appreciate your enthusiasm and have made note of your suggestion on a different scoring system for a unique set. Thanks very much.

On 2/4/2022 at 8:51 AM, Ali E. said:

Need a row (slot) added to an existing set? Post here!

If an NGC Admin "likes"  <3  your post, it means we received your request! Thank you.

:takeit:

Why are there not sets for Bramsen and Julius medals these are very collectible for medals and jetons/ tokens but you do not offer a registry.

B828762E-673A-4B71-8B8D-FAD01394B40B.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello.

We will add your requests to our list of new set requests. We process all requests in the order they are received. When the team has had a chance to analyze your request, we will send you an email. Thanks very much.

• Administrator
On 5/9/2023 at 6:08 AM, wishall said:

Hello @Ali E.,

Hope you are doing well. I am requesting two new sets in the India, Princely States, Kutch category:

1. KGV Circulation Issue 5 KORI 1913/VS1970 - 1927/VS1984
  2. 25K of Dehalji and Pragmalji

Best regards, Vishal

Hello, wishall.

Please send your certification numbers to registry@NGCoin.com, so we may research your request. Thank you.

Hello Ali

Please make new Tunisia set category.

5 RİYAL KM-PN8 COPPER 1281   NGC  PF65 BN 3617268-005
10 RİYAL KM-PN9 COPPER 1281   NGC  PF65 BN 3617268-002
10 RİYAL COPPER OF METAL STRİKE 1281   NGC  PF65 RB 2811005-025
25 RİYAL KM-PN10 COPPER 1281   NGC  PF65 BN 3617268-004
50 RİYAL COPPER OF METAL STRİKE  1281   NGC  PF65 RD 4425380-003
100 RİYAL COPPER PATTERNE 1281   NGC  PF65 BN 4087072-005

• Administrator

Hello, and thanks for your interest.

These unique pattern coins and off-metal strikes are best represented in a Custom NGC Registry set. Thank you.

Request for set correction

Set’s name: Santīms 1992-2013

20 santimu list must be corrected (#18-23).

There are 4 coins that must be in the list:

·         20 santimu 1992 (KM#22.1)

·         20 santimu 1992 (Brass Plated Steel) or (Magnetic Alloy) (KM#22.2)

·         20 santimu 2007 (KM#22.1)

·         20 santimu 2009 (KM#22.1)

Now the list looks like this (please see picture):

#18 – Without a date, need to remove it from the list
#19 – Without a date, need to remove it from the list
#20 – I advise removing the inscription “Nickel Brass” and leaving just the value and date “20 santimu 1992” to be similar to #22 and #23 because it is the same coins from the same alloy (Originally standard coins from the correct alloy) KM#22.1. But if you don’t agree with that, this alloy must be written correctly. Bank of Latvia website - ”Material: alloy of copper, nickel, and zinc”. In the coin sets written: “Cu/Ni/Zn”.
#21 – KM#22.2 I advise changing the inscription “Copper-Nickel” to “20 santimu 1992 Magnetic Alloy”. Because the collectors of Latvia coins recognize these 20 santimu 1992 coins as “magnetic” or “non-magnetic”, most of them don’t even know about the alloy from which the coins were minted 😊. This will be the best and easiest way for all (You can also check my coin 3938057-083 MS66 – written “Magnetic Alloy”). But if you don’t agree with that, this alloy must be written correctly. The correct alloy is “Brass plated Steel” “Brass clad Steel” or “German 10 pfennig Planchet”. Anyway, this is absolutely not a “Copper-Nickel” like it is written now!
#22 – Changes not needed
#22 – Changes not needed

20 santimu NGC.jpg

Edited by medved

• Administrator
On 5/13/2023 at 12:09 PM, Fundacion Estrella del Pacifico Collection said:

Please include a new set "GUATEMAL CIRCULATION QUETZAL:

Hello.

Please provide any relevant NGC certification numbers, so we may research your request. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 5/13/2023 at 10:45 PM, medved said:

Request for set correction

Set’s name: Santīms 1992-2013

20 santimu list must be corrected (#18-23).

There are 4 coins that must be in the list:

·         20 santimu 1992 (KM#22.1)

·         20 santimu 1992 (Brass Plated Steel) or (Magnetic Alloy) (KM#22.2)

·         20 santimu 2007 (KM#22.1)

·         20 santimu 2009 (KM#22.1)

Now the list looks like this (please see picture):

#18 – Without a date, need to remove it from the list
#19 – Without a date, need to remove it from the list
#20 – I advise removing the inscription “Nickel Brass” and leaving just the value and date “20 santimu 1992” to be similar to #22 and #23 because it is the same coins from the same alloy (Originally standard coins from the correct alloy) KM#22.1. But if you don’t agree with that, this alloy must be written correctly. Bank of Latvia website - ”Material: alloy of copper, nickel, and zinc”. In the coin sets written: “Cu/Ni/Zn”.
#21 – KM#22.2 I advise changing the inscription “Copper-Nickel” to “20 santimu 1992 Magnetic Alloy”. Because the collectors of Latvia coins recognize these 20 santimu 1992 coins as “magnetic” or “non-magnetic”, most of them don’t even know about the alloy from which the coins were minted 😊. This will be the best and easiest way for all (You can also check my coin 3938057-083 MS66 – written “Magnetic Alloy”). But if you don’t agree with that, this alloy must be written correctly. The correct alloy is “Brass plated Steel” “Brass clad Steel” or “German 10 pfennig Planchet”. Anyway, this is absolutely not a “Copper-Nickel” like it is written now!
#22 – Changes not needed
#22 – Changes not needed

Hello, and welcome!

We have responded to your email. Thanks very much.

Hello friends,
would it be possible to make sets for old german states for the states of bremen and hamburg 1800-1871?
Here are a few coin examples:
Hamburg:6389233-006
Bremen:6351123-009

Thank you Admin Team 🙏

regards Lars Meyer

• Administrator
On 5/16/2023 at 1:41 PM, Lars Meyer said:
Hello friends,
would it be possible to make sets for old german states for the states of bremen and hamburg 1800-1871?
Here are a few coin examples:
Hamburg:6389233-006
Bremen:6351123-009

Thank you Admin Team 🙏

regards Lars Meyer

Hello, Lars. 
We will add this to our list of new set requests and send you an email when the team has reached a decision. Thanks very much. 

Would like to request two new sets for Gibraltar, minor denomination gold sovereigns. These would be the same coins as for the 1 sovereign set, which currently has a category.

1. Gibraltar, 1/2 Gold Sovereign, 1989-Date, Proof

2. Gibraltar, 1/4 Gold Sovereign, 1989-Date, Proof

1989 Gib Half Sov obv full.jpg

1989 Gib Quart Sov obv full.jpg

• Administrator
On 5/23/2023 at 4:00 PM, Marta Collection said:

Hello.

Please provide any relevant NGC certification numbers, so we may research your request. Thank you.

Hola mi amiga, 

The coins may be in three set but I can't see them in any of my sets, Please look to  coin # 4503120-027  when I try to enter it shows than it is in a set, but no were to find it in any of my many Santo Domingo colonial sets, please let me known were it is, I will like to see it in my SD set #2.

The same happens with other coins as the ones you refer in your answer.

Perdona mi mal Ingles, 

Con mucho aprecio

Isaac

• Administrator
On 5/29/2023 at 12:31 AM, rudman coleccion said:

Hola mi amiga, 

The coins may be in three set but I can't see them in any of my sets, Please look to  coin # 4503120-027  when I try to enter it shows than it is in a set, but no were to find it in any of my many Santo Domingo colonial sets, please let me known were it is, I will like to see it in my SD set #2.

The same happens with other coins as the ones you refer in your answer.

Perdona mi mal Ingles, 

Con mucho aprecio

Isaac

Hola, mi amigo. 

¿Cómo estás? This coin was displaying the wrong information in the NGC Registry. I updated it to match the grading screen. This coin is graded GENUINE. You had higher grade coins in your top four sets. I added it to your #5 set here: https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/205469/. Please let me know if you need any other help. Gracias.

Good day -

I would like to request a new Great Britain set for George II crowns. My current coins for the set would include 3170649-002, 4625416-017 and 6515109-035.  Thank you.

HNB

• Administrator
On 6/4/2023 at 4:11 PM, Неизвестный said:

because

Untitled-1.jpg

Hello. Please follow the directions on your screen and click "let us know." This will put your coin into our administrative queue to review. Thank you.