• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nice 1909

6 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2022 at 11:16 AM, Mr.Bill347 said:

I have a very nice one not grade but looks great RB

IMG-3819 (1).jpg

IMG-3816 (1).jpg

I don’t think they would slab this one Bob. The green stuff (verdigris) is a killer. 

you may want to try and see if there is hope of saving it. You can try acetone bath. See what that does. If not you can try soaking for a month or two in olive oil or mineral oil. 

Edited by Woods020

On 2/4/2022 at 10:16 AM, Mr.Bill347 said:

I have a very nice one not grade but looks great RB

You do have a 1909 VDB, but you do not have a 1909 VDB Proof which is what the op is showing/discussing.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:34 PM, jimbo27 said:

To all you lincoln collectors just saw this on ebay, do not know how often they come up. First one I have seen.

These show up in major auctions quite often there were three last year and three in 2020, 2019 was a huge year with ten showing up in major auctions.   As far as showing up on ebay I am not sure as I have never looked for one there, but I would not be that surprised to see some of the low end examples with poor eye appeal like this one to pop up there now and again.   I did not look up the asking price of the one you posted, my WAG is way more than it is worth.