• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom Page For My Type Set
1 1

15 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 11:39 PM, tj96 said:

With help from my wife, I created this custom page for the back of my Dansco type set.  The page was a blank small dollar page.  My wife made the labels for me. 

I felt the needed to create a page for the more modern type coins.    The 4 Lincoln Bicentennial's, The 4 Westward Journey Series, The Lincoln Shield Cent, The State Quarter, The Territories Quarter, America the Beautiful Quarter, The Front Facing Nickel, The Sacagawea Dollar, The U.S. Presidential Dollar Motto on Edge and The U.S. Presidential Dollar Motto on Obverse.  Each (in my opinion) deserves it's own slot. 

The pictures could be better but you get the point.

IMG_2180.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2182.JPG

Looks really good. Very nice job. I love it. 

On 1/28/2022 at 11:13 AM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Very cool.  I really like how you made gaskets/shims around the coins to hold them stable.  This has always been a pet peeve of mine with Dansco albums.  Half dimes and 3cS are the worst at slipping. Your handiwork looks very nice - good job!

Thanks!  I agree about Dansco.  I don't know what's going on with them.  I haven't looked in a while but they're production was messed up for a long time. Guys were having problems finding and getting the albums or pages they wanted. 

This was apparently their headquarters at one time.  I don't know, it still may be.  It's somewhere in the hood in California.  If this is still their headquarters, I see the reason for the problems.  Hell what am I saying, they probably moved to China!!!

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 12.23.54 PM-ccfopt.jpg

Edited by tj96

Hell what am I saying, they probably moved to China!!!

Actually, I believe they moved to Washington.  At least, that's what their website says:

https://www.danscousa.com/

It also looks like they've had some setbacks in their transition from their Los Angeles location to their Washington location.  

Great handiwork, tj!! I love it and I have a question for you......if you don't mind sharing, how did you make the gaskets?  I'm still debating if my East German collection is going to be certified or if I'm going to make an album for it.  I have a problem though as East German 1 Pfennigs are 17mm in diameter and Whitman and Dansco make 16mm pages and 18mm pages.....no 17mm.  So, in seeing what you made, I'm thinking I could use an 18mm page with gaskets if I could figure out how to make a 17mm gasket.  

On 1/28/2022 at 5:18 PM, Mohawk said:

Great handiwork, tj!! I love it and I have a question for you......if you don't mind sharing, how did you make the gaskets?  I'm still debating if my East German collection is going to be certified or if I'm going to make an album for it.  I have a problem though as East German 1 Pfennigs are 17mm in diameter and Whitman and Dansco make 16mm pages and 18mm pages.....no 17mm.  So, in seeing what you made, I'm thinking I could use an 18mm page with gaskets if I could figure out how to make a 17mm gasket.  

I'll take some pictures of what I was using and get back to you. 

On 1/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, tj96 said:

I'll take some pictures of what I was using and get back to you. 

Cool!! Thank you tj.  I really appreciate that!! My pfennigs need a better home than mylar flips in a box!

On 1/28/2022 at 5:22 PM, Coinbuf said:

A very nice idea, hopefully the material you used for the gaskets will not outgas and change the appearance of the coins.

Yes, that was my exact concern as well...  But their only business struck coins, pulled from circulation.  I can always replace them.  Who knows, they might even tone nicely...  If you like toned coins. 

Edited by tj96

On 1/28/2022 at 5:39 PM, Mohawk said:

Cool!! Thank you tj.  I really appreciate that!! My pfennigs need a better home than mylar flips in a box!

So I use these black insert ring from extra Airtites I had.  It wasn't that easy on some of them.  I had to modify a few to make them fit.  It's a good project if you have the patience.

https://www.amazon.com/Air-Tite-Holder-Storage-Container-Capsules/dp/B00BEFPJ8I

IMG_2964.jpg

Edited by tj96

On 1/28/2022 at 6:16 PM, tj96 said:

So I use these black insert ring from extra Airtites I had.  It wasn't that easy on some of them.  I had to modify a few to make them fit.  It's a good project if you have the patience.

https://www.amazon.com/Air-Tite-Holder-Storage-Container-Capsules/dp/B00BEFPJ8I

IMG_2964.jpg

Thanks tj!!! I have some research to do........