• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nor'easter Kenan a cumin
2 2

41 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2022 at 5:17 PM, RWB said:

"Florida is also expected to see some of its coldest temperatures in years, leading to iguanas - a cold-blooded lizard species - to become immobilized and fall out of trees." BBC News.

:) this is actually a pretty fuuny site walking down the cananls over here by the coast.  seeint them laying thereon the ground and they arnt dead..........just makes youi want to toss them in the river :)

Speaking of the iguanas in Florida.....I'm honestly surprised that American Alligators don't snag more of them than they do.  Maybe Alligators don't like how Iguanas taste.....

On 1/28/2022 at 7:48 AM, ronnie stein said:

Later this afternoon, I'm going to put on my blue jean cutoffs, walk down the trail to the lake and go fishing. You all take care and be safe. 

That was then. I'm using those cutoff jeans for kindling now trying to get a fire started.  LOL 

Cold down there today Ron ? It is a balmy 45 degrees here today

Edited by J P Mashoke

YES it's cold JP, lol. Somewhere around the 'balmy 45 degrees' temperature the long johns go on and don't come off till it hits 46. I admire anyone that lives up there. Vacationed everywhere in the summer. Had to go to a few funerals in Michigan and Wisconsin in the winter, each time flying out of Chicago swearing that wouldn't  happen again. Lol. It will. It sure is a fast and beautiful Spring up there. 

On 2/4/2022 at 8:14 PM, ronnie stein said:

YES it's cold JP, lol. Somewhere around the 'balmy 45 degrees' temperature the long johns go on and don't come off till it hits 46. I admire anyone that lives up there. Vacationed everywhere in the summer. Had to go to a few funerals in Michigan and Wisconsin in the winter, each time flying out of Chicago swearing that wouldn't  happen again. Lol. It will. It sure is a fast and beautiful Spring up there. 

You outta take a trip up here and do some catfishing with me this spring.. We will have a big ole time. Its absoutely beautiful up here in the spring. The weather is perfect. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 2/5/2022 at 8:43 AM, J P Mashoke said:

In a month I will be heading to my daughters house in TN for a winter vacation. They start to warm up in March, well I hope they do its not to nice up here until May.,,,, Dang ,  I just looked out the window and it is snowing again.:(  

Its pouring the snow here right now also. We didnt get much out of fhis storm. Around an inch. 

For the twin storms, in Northern Alabama, we got about a half inch of snow out of the nor’easter that buried Long Island and New England, which was gone by morning. The cross country storm we got about 3 inches … of RAIN! Flood warnings all over. Now we have temperatures that threaten the operating capacity of a heat pump. Thassall. Too cold for the heat pump. 

By the way, NOT dealing with snow is why my cardiologist recommended the move south. It’s not always a pill that saves you. 

I’ve lived in the northeast and the southeast now, and BOTH are having record amounts of REALLY benign climate. Climate change, you say? I say “thank you very much”.

Edited by VKurtB