• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Ridiculously Overpriced Stuff That Just Gets a 70 Grade
1 1

7 posts in this topic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125060917300?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11304.m43.l3160&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=be7c8c31957246c7b7a8dd5d965ba5fe&bu=43018120066&osub=-1~1&crd=20220123085658&segname=11304&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

A "1933 Saint"....made out of silver....10 ounces....but has the PF70 grade. :o

Seller offered me $200 off the list price.  So only paying $300 an ounce for silver. xD

Look, I have no problem paying premiums for special items or something I really like but this is ridiculous unless you have a high-7 figure net worth.  I saw a BEAUTIFUL 10-ounce gold commemorative of Pope John Paul II which almost certainly had limited production and I doubt they make more of a deceased pontiff...I think it went for about a 40-50% premium to melt.

This is over 1,000% premium and a few thousand dollars too.

Most folks that earned a high 7 figure net worth are smart enough not to squander money on excessive premiums for "stuff", now those who were gifted or inherited the money might be a different story.   Generally, this type of seller is looking to find suckers who spend their day dreaming about the easy way to wealth, think the wolf of wall street type of selling.   I will also add that the Mercanti label is worth a premium to some collectors.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:41 AM, Coinbuf said:

think the wolf of wall street type of selling.   I will also add that the Mercanti label is worth a premium to some collectors.

I actually worked with Jordan Belfort ("The Wolf Of Wall Street") for a short period of time ! xD

Yes, the Mercanti Label is worth something...so is reverse proof...so is the 70 grade for a big 10 ounce coin.

I just question HOW MUCH. (thumbsu

On 1/23/2022 at 10:29 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I actually worked with Jordan Belfort ("The Wolf Of Wall Street") for a short period of time ! xD

Yes, the Mercanti Label is worth something...so is reverse proof...so is the 70 grade for a big 10 ounce coin.

I just question HOW MUCH. (thumbsu

That is funny, how was he in person?   Anything like the movie or was that portrayal hollywood glam?

The prior ones listed National Park Foundation on the insert. This one just says NPF. Does anyone know what role, if any, the NPF actually plays in these things? Does this charity actually benefit meaningfully from the sale of these? 

And what does NHP on the reverse mean? 

On 1/24/2022 at 11:44 AM, Coinbuf said:

That is funny, how was he in person?   Anything like the movie or was that portrayal hollywood glam?

We were in the same office, didn't really know him.  But he was a scam artist and a con guy, yeah.  They embellish in the movies but the general thrust of the movie -- from the small parts I have seen -- are pretty accurate.  The wild partying and other stuff I am sure they played up to make the movie a hit.