• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hard to find
1 1

19 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2022 at 2:09 PM, Lem E said:

You are not alone. Look at the lower mintage of these compared to the rest of the years. 2009 was the same. I am missing quite a few from these years as well.

CE0CA404-025F-4D5D-9003-2E310499F3AB.jpeg

2C89014F-A4CD-4414-88C4-B6B59AE94E04.jpeg

Thats a nice album. Wish mine had the mintages on it. Looks like Im not the only one that problem of not finding those. 

On 1/21/2022 at 3:56 PM, Coinbuf said:

Sorry to hear about your son and the exposure to you and your family Hog, best wishes for a quick recovery.   @Hoghead515 and @Lem E,if you guys are not able to find those quarters you both need give me a PM.  I put back a roll of every state and park quarter.  These are mostly Denver mint quarters as I seldom see the philly quarters out here.  These were pulled from circulation when they were released so no super gems, but most are solid BU or at least BU ish.   I have no idea why I bothered to save all these I know these will never be valuable per se, I'll just blame it on my OCD.  lol

20220121_144114.thumb.jpg.13e7d101847900840d57bf54fc187c65.jpg

Thanks @Coinbuf for the offer. It is greatly appreciated my friend. I’m one of those types that likes the thrill of the hunt. All of my album coins have been found in change. Just something about sifting through my change and the feeling when you find something you don’t have. Guess I like to do things the hard way. I just finished my state quarter collection last year with a 2004 Iowa P. Only took me 22 years to complete it. xD Once again, thanks for the offer. 

On 1/21/2022 at 3:34 PM, Lem E said:

Thanks @Coinbuf for the offer. It is greatly appreciated my friend. I’m one of those types that likes the thrill of the hunt. All of my album coins have been found in change. Just something about sifting through my change and the feeling when you find something you don’t have. Guess I like to do things the hard way. I just finished my state quarter collection last year with a 2004 Iowa P. Only took me 22 years to complete it. xD Once again, thanks for the offer. 

No worries my friend, I do understand the thought of finding them yourself. (thumbsu

On 1/21/2022 at 3:35 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Thank you all for the get well wishes. Hes doing really good with it. Hes had his vaccine also. He just had very mild symptoms so far. His roommate was the same way. It sure hit at a bad time. I was counting on getting to work next week where we was off all week but ill have to wait a few days. I think I can keep from getting it but wanna be safe and not infect my coworkers just in case. Some of them have family members thats very sick and cant afford to covid it in on them. Ive went thru 2 cans of lysol today. My son is confined to his room and we been wearing mask. Im going overkill on the spray and sanitizers. Been taking every precaution necessary. 

About the quarters @Mowhawkif you do un across any I may try to get them off you. Same to you @CoinbufIf I cant find any soon I may try to buy a couple off of you all soon as we get thru this rough spell. The way its looking it may be spring before Im able. Thank you all very much for the offering. That means alot to me and it is greatly apriceated. Not much after I posted this I found the 2010 Mt Hood Orgeon in pretty decent shape. @Coinbufwe have mostly Philly coins here. Some Denvers are hard to come by. If you ever need a certain Philly coin just let me know and Ill keep watch. I still find BU ish Phillys from the early 2000's. That goes for everyone. Just let me know. Thank you all very much. 

They will be here if you need one down the road sir.  :)

On 1/21/2022 at 5:35 PM, Hoghead515 said:

Thank you all for the get well wishes. Hes doing really good with it. Hes had his vaccine also. He just had very mild symptoms so far. His roommate was the same way. It sure hit at a bad time. I was counting on getting to work next week where we was off all week but ill have to wait a few days. I think I can keep from getting it but wanna be safe and not infect my coworkers just in case. Some of them have family members thats very sick and cant afford to covid it in on them. Ive went thru 2 cans of lysol today. My son is confined to his room and we been wearing mask. Im going overkill on the spray and sanitizers. Been taking every precaution necessary. 

About the quarters @Mowhawkif you do un across any I may try to get them off you. Same to you @CoinbufIf I cant find any soon I may try to buy a couple off of you all soon as we get thru this rough spell. The way its looking it may be spring before Im able. Thank you all very much for the offering. That means alot to me and it is greatly apriceated. Not much after I posted this I found the 2010 Mt Hood Orgeon in pretty decent shape. @Coinbufwe have mostly Philly coins here. Some Denvers are hard to come by. If you ever need a certain Philly coin just let me know and Ill keep watch. I still find BU ish Phillys from the early 2000's. That goes for everyone. Just let me know. Thank you all very much. 

Hog, if I do find anything for your collection, I'll just send them to you, my friend.  No buying needed.  

In my roll hunting today I found another coin that resembles a spitting eagle. Im not sure about this one neither. Looks like its to far to the right so Im kinda doubting it.  But its a 1972 D and it has the same indented look as the other but the location is a little off. It sure made me look twice though. Polish_20220122_095228315.thumb.jpg.8bba03cadfa87c121984003ea31c0963.jpg

All the best to you and your family Hog. I hope everyone is getting better. I also have had to search a lot of rolls for 09,10,11 and 12's to get my 2 books full . I like these books state and park quarters they only ask for one - P and one - D in the beginning top left .After that it is just the reverse of the coin anyway ...LOL  With these books I can maybe build another set now that I have found a few more of those tough ones. Gettysburg and Vicksburg 2011 are the killers for me.

20210605_191952 (1).jpg

On 1/24/2022 at 12:29 PM, J P Mashoke said:

All the best to you and your family Hog. I hope everyone is getting better. I also have had to search a lot of rolls for 09,10,11 and 12's to get my 2 books full . I like these books state and park quarters they only ask for one - P and one - D in the beginning top left .After that it is just the reverse of the coin anyway ...LOL  With these books I can maybe build another set now that I have found a few more of those tough ones. Gettysburg and Vicksburg 2011 are the killers for me.

20210605_191952 (1).jpg

I hear you old buddy. Those have been some tough ones. Those are some nice looking albums. I shouda got a couple that match like that. Mine are both Whitmans though. I really like the parks album. Its made a whole lot better than the states album. Seems more sturdy and the quarters hold in better. Hard to describe but it has a soft type feel to it. Kinda springy. Probably sounds crazy to people who are reading this right now. I cant really describe it but its much better than the other. Its made out of some kind of foam and the other cardboard I believe. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 1/24/2022 at 6:18 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I hear you old buddy. Those have been some tough ones. Those are some nice looking albums. I shouda got a couple that match like that. Mine are both Whitmans though. I really like the parks album. Its made a whole lot better than the states album. Seems more sturdy and the quarters hold in better. Hard to describe but it has a soft type feel to it. Kinda springy. Probably sounds crazy to people who are reading this right now. I cant really describe it but its much better than the other. Its made out of some kind of foam and the other cardboard I believe. 

Some more albums came in today. And one more on the way a little winter project for cold February nights

Coin Books.jpg

Very nice. I got 2 of the cent books like the one in the upper right hand corner. One from 1909 to 1940 and the other from 1941 to 1974.only they are blue.  Lumii_20220124_201414721.thumb.jpg.5165ab620cf72dc8e6b0050929051da2.jpg

Edited by Hoghead515

Was gonna share a DDO 1965 quarter with everyone on the forum but I cant get good pictures of it. Dont know whats going on. My pictures just keep getting blurrier. This phone used to take really good photos. I tried cleaning the lens and everything. Ill post a couple pics here instead of starting a thread. Cant tell from the pics but with a loupe you can see the split serifs plain as day. This is only the second doubled die coin Ive found since I started collecting. Wish I could get better pictures. I may try to get a nice camera this summer or something. Be a while before I can. When I do ill start a thread with this one. You can tell it a little on the E but all the letters have split serifs. Dosent look like the normal strike doubling I constantly see.   Lumii_20220124_200421801.thumb.jpg.afb74e3d517d48926201ba321eaffdb4.jpgLumii_20220124_200559993.jpg.13de831e69c70a33fa736b8669fd9689.jpg