• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Do You Get More Feedback And Replies To Your Posts?
1 1

30 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2022 at 6:45 PM, J P Mashoke said:

I guess it would depend on the topic of the post. I am not quite sure exactly what you are looking for TJ ?

Wrong answer..   Next.  :grin:

Edited by tj96

On 1/18/2022 at 6:53 PM, Woods020 said:

Antagonize the masses. Works amazingly well for the trolls. 

Wrong answer...   Next victim. :)

No rhyme or reason. @Woods020 is 100% spot on - not the "best" attention to get but you will get a response.  Trolls are popular, until they are completely ignored (I would advise against it).

In all seriousness, I think it would highly depend on how complicated/controversial the question, and how complicated/controversial the answer.  Of course some threads morph into something completely off topic all together... very difficult to predict which threads get traction and which ones do not.  

Pictures of coins in a "show and tell" (no question associated) may or may not get an actual response, but will more likely get an emoji reaction.  There have been some really interesting threads that have died, and some super annoying ones that refuse to die.  My goal moving forward is NOT to respond to the bad ones and let them die quickly.

This is not really a sufficient answer (especially given the success record of the respondents on this thread), but only because the question cannot be sufficiently answered.

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist

On 1/18/2022 at 7:13 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

No rhyme or reason. @Woods020 is 100% spot on - not the "best" attention to get but you will get a response.  But trolls are popular, until they are completely ignored (I would advise against it).

In all seriousness, I think it would highly depend on how complicated/controversial the question, and how complicated/controversial the answer.  Of course some threads morph into something completely off topic all together... very difficult to predict which threads get traction and which ones do not.  

Pictures of coins in a "show and tell" (no question associated) may or may not get an actual response, but will more likely get an emoji reaction.  There have been some really interesting threads that have died, and some super annoying ones that refuse to die.  My goal moving forward is NOT to respond to the bad ones and let them die quickly.

This is not really a sufficient answer (especially given the success record of the respondents on this thread), but only because the question cannot be sufficiently answered.

Nope!...  Next.  xD

On 1/18/2022 at 7:15 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

seems like you have figured it out pretty well now.

Yes I have and I know you will agree when you hear the answer.  :)   Next.:popcorn:

Edited by tj96

On 1/18/2022 at 6:40 PM, tj96 said:

Hey guys, how do you get more feedback and replies to your posts?

Many people may still remember the old format where you were limited to like 3 "LIKES" per day.  We got the NGC folks to make it unlimited. (thumbsu  But they used to have to ration LIKES so now you have to get in the groove and used to doing it lots of times a day. :)

Beyond that, you need to talk about something in a post that interests lots of people.  Check out the Roger Burdette Saint-Gaudens Thread which is 50-plus pages long and has lots of "LIKES" and comments throughout.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

Well.....if you just want feedback, negative or positive, you could write extremely poorly written posts with text message abbreviations, no punctuation whatsoever and/or are completely nonsensical and incomprehensible.  That'd definitely get you lots of negative feedback.  If you're looking for positive feedback, I think I'll wait for your answer.....if the others haven't gotten yet, my completely work training addled brain is likely not going to get it tonight.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:25 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Many people may still remember the old format where you were limited to like 3 "LIKES" per day.  We got the NGC folks to make it unlimited. (thumbsu  But they used to have to ration LIKES so now you have to get in the groove and used to doing it lots of times a day. :)

Beyond that, you need to talk about something in a post that interests lots of people.  Check out the Roger Burdette Saint-Gaudens Thread which is 50-plus pages long and has lots of "LIKES" and comments throughout.

Not yet...   :smile:  Next...

On 1/18/2022 at 8:30 PM, Mohawk said:

Well.....if you just want feedback, negative or positive, you could write extremely poorly written posts with text message abbreviations, no punctuation whatsoever and/or are completely nonsensical and incomprehensible.  That'd definitely get you lots of negative feedback.  If you're looking for positive feedback, I think I'll wait for your answer.....if the others haven't gotten yet, my completely work training addled brain is likely not going to get it tonight.

I've been waiting for you Mohawk.  

On 1/18/2022 at 8:32 PM, Woods020 said:

Asking vague questions and asking for opinions 

Nope, not yet!...

Okay, enough fun for one night.  Here's the answer.

Change your avatar's to this.

The guys that sit back, read and just monitor this forum will come out of the woodwork, trip and fall over each other to answer the question. :roflmao:

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 12.01.52 AM.png

Edited by tj96

On 1/19/2022 at 3:31 PM, Conder101 said:

Well with the way you are going I don't think I'm interested in the "answer", so I'm done with this thread.

I already gave you my "answer".  Just a little surprised by your reply. 

@Mohawk said you're a pretty chill bunch and @James Zyskowskisaid your a pretty humorous bunch.  I guess not all of you are!

Hi tj

Well, you can never account for what someone may find funny or not.  Or what may make someone not be chill.  To be honest, this joke wasn't my type of humor, either.  I wasn't really amused by it.  Just being honest.  We're a diverse community and what some people think is funny, others will not.  It's just how it goes.  But as a general rule of thumb, we do tend to keep it numismatically related around here.  

Edited by Mohawk

On 1/21/2022 at 6:38 PM, Mohawk said:

Hi tj

Well, you can never account for what someone may find funny or not.  Or what may make someone not be chill.  To be honest, this joke wasn't my type of humor, either.  I wasn't really amused by it.  Just being honest.  We're a diverse community and what some people think is funny, others will not.  It's just how it goes.  But as a general rule of thumb, we do tend to keep it numismatically related around here.  

Hi Mohawk-

No problem. I appreciate honesty.   Still learning the personalities here.  Some folks are more sensitive or emotional then others.  I guess I hit a nerve.  

On 1/21/2022 at 7:15 PM, tj96 said:

Hi Mohawk-

No problem. I appreciate honesty.   Still learning the personalities here.  Some folks are more sensitive or emotional then others.  I guess I hit a nerve.  

No worries. It happens sometimes and it's a part of getting to know folks, which can be a complex and complicated process, especially in a group like this.  It's made even more complicated in an online forum like this, where you completely lose facial expression, tone of voice and body language.  We have to completely rely on the written word, and that's a difficult adaptation to make.  I know a lot about this.....my doctorate is in Higher Education Leadership, with a focus on online distance learning.  In addition, I earned both my master's and my doctorate working completely online.  So, I have some varied experience with this.  I'm also glad that you realized that I said what I said out of a desire to be helpful and not to be critical.  I've studied how to integrate new folks into online groups and I've done a lot of it myself.  I was definitely trying to help.....I just hope I succeeded.

On 1/21/2022 at 7:55 PM, Mohawk said:

No worries. It happens sometimes and it's a part of getting to know folks, which can be a complex and complicated process, especially in a group like this.  It's made even more complicated in an online forum like this, where you completely lose facial expression, tone of voice and body language.  We have to completely rely on the written word, and that's a difficult adaptation to make.  I know a lot about this.....my doctorate is in Higher Education Leadership, with a focus on online distance learning.  In addition, I earned both my master's and my doctorate working completely online.  So, I have some varied experience with this.  I'm also glad that you realized that I said what I said out of a desire to be helpful and not to be critical.  I've studied how to integrate new folks into online groups and I've done a lot of it myself.  I was definitely trying to help.....I just hope I succeeded.

Congratulations!  Looks like you have a new student.............me!   I'll let you know if you succeeded.  :)(thumbsu

Semper Fi!