• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Walking Liberty

12 posts in this topic

Hello and Welcome Jas!

Well, your coin was definitely damaged.  There's no way that happened during the minting process.  In looking at the photos, I think it was a 1942 before someone decided to destroy the date for some reason.  Your coin is only worth silver value, sadly.

I wish the news was better!

On 1/16/2022 at 5:52 PM, JKK said:

Brutal abuse. Whatever tool was used to do that to that Walker should be used on the nuts of whoever did it. (I assume nuts because as a general rule women are not nearly as stupidly destructive.)

This is true.  I'm guessing young, male and stupidly bored.

On 1/16/2022 at 5:25 PM, Mohawk said:

This is true.  I'm guessing young, male and stupidly bored.

At least young then. That damage has some years on it. 

On 1/16/2022 at 10:42 PM, VKurtB said:

At least young then. That damage has some years on it. 

Very good point, Kurt.  They're probably not too young anymore.  Hell, I'm not too young anymore, but significantly younger than any Walker!

On 1/17/2022 at 7:09 PM, Mohawk said:

Very good point, Kurt.  They're probably not too young anymore.  Hell, I'm not too young anymore, but significantly younger than any Walker!

I wish I could get away with “significantly” without ambiguity, but I just can’t. 

On 1/17/2022 at 8:09 PM, Mohawk said:

I'm not too young anymore,

Mohawk...... I'm old enough to be your father (and @VKurtB your grandfather... OH MY... I am typing out loud again... my apologies) So, YES..... you are still a youngin!!!! :)

On 1/16/2022 at 5:52 PM, JKK said:

Brutal abuse. Whatever tool was used to do that to that Walker should be used on the nuts of whoever did it. (I assume nuts because as a general rule women are not nearly as stupidly destructive.)

Damaged way before the Dremel was invented I would assume.  Probably an Exacto razor which would more likely fit the time frame. I couldn't imagine an Exacto being used as you mentioned JKK......🥴 (or a Dremel for that matter.....🤮)