• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charmy's 2022 FUN COIN SHOW REPORT w/tons of Pics!
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I am glad you were able to have a good show, considering all of the late-date pullouts. Did the fact that some of the more prominent names/dealers were missing have much of an impact on the show, in your opinion? Were buyers finding good deals? Did the smaller dealers seem to have a better show than normal? (This is what I assumed would happen, so I am just trying to see if my theory was correct.)

Another great show report, Penny Lady! And it looks like it was a good one, even with the pullouts.  And, as always, I love a good picture of Penny!  Thanks for another amazing report.

I always enjoy reading/seeing your post-show threads, congrats.  Another outstanding one.

Attended FUN 2020 but couldn't this year with some pending family health updates pending.  But should be there at FUN 2023 and might even buy a Flying Eagle from you for my nieces as presents. (thumbsu

On 1/14/2022 at 10:00 AM, The Penny Lady said:

The percentage of dealers who pulled out of the show was very minimal to the amount who attended so no I don't think it had any impact on the show. As a matter of fact, I don't recall seeing any empty tables so I believe the dealers who cancelled had their tables given/or sold to other dealers. I don't know if I would say buyers found "good deals" since as I mentioned, quality coin were selling for premiums. But since I was able to find some great material, and I sold a lot of coins as well, I am deducting that many collectors went away satisfied. As I also mentioned, the show was busy and active, and everyone I spoke with, both large and small dealers, had a great show - but that is not unusual for the FUN show, even when we weren't in a pandemic.

Do you attend all 3 of the big national shows (FUN, Long Beach, ANA) ?  I'm wondering how dealer attendance and public attendance has trended for all of them up to 2020 -- and how it goes post-Covid.